The Internal Control Analyst is responsible for the implementation, monitoring and assessment of the internal control environment. As peer to the group, ensure that internal control environment methodology and guidelines are adhered.
The Internal Control Analyst has a supporting role towards the other functions, financial as well as operational, to help them to embed internal control in their day-to-day activities.
THE WAY WE WORK
The Internal Control Analyst is committed to the timely delivery of a job well done. She/he behaves with integrity and transparency. She/he is open-minded and passionate.
- Understand and work with the rest of Internal Controls Team to deploy the internal control environment (ICE) throughout the Company.
- Implements and coordinates processes to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act requirements (SOX controls)
- Identifies internal control deficiencies through controls testing based on SOX standards and ensure timely implementation of remediation actions by Business Process Owners (BPOs)
- Time to time review and update of Internal Control Manual by identifying all controls owners, ensuring that that Business Process Owners have a complete list of all controls applicable in their departments/functions
- Provide training on Internal Controls Environment to new employees and process/control owners.
- Coordinate and monitor timely and proper completion of the periodic internal control assessment (Self-Assessment Campaigns) and SOX compliance audits and ensure timely reporting.
- Help the Company assess its status and compliance level with the Internal Controls and what developments are needed to achieve an acceptable Internal Control Environment by coordinating and monitoring response to Internal Control Self-Assessment Questionnaires.
- Ensure BPOs understand the objectives of the controls assigned to them and that controls are properly implemented as per the requirements especially SOX standards.
- To help the BPOs assess status of their processes and gaps against the Internal Control objectives and the way the controls are being performed in order to ensure continuous improvement in the business processes.
- Reinforce ownership and accountability of Business Process Owners and Management
- Ensure accountability & improvement monitoring of internal controls
- Inventory all local policies and procedures. Determine the last review date and prepare a rolling plan for review and update. Update local policies and procedures and implement where gaps or omissions have been identified and ensure consistent with Group policies and procedures. Initiate creation of non-existing policies
- Coordinate internal and external audits to ensure information flows as requested by auditors.
- Attend managerial meetings during absence of Line Manager
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics.
- 2 years of working experience in Audit, Risk, Internal Control, and Fraud or in any other area related to compliance category.
- Good Accounting skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills• Ability to work independently as well as in a team High level of integrity
- Very well organized
- Positive attitude
“We are committed to equal employment opportunities and unbiased treatment of all individuals in all employment practices”
Only Successful Candidates will be contacted
CLICK HERE TO APPLY