Job title: PROGRAM OFFICER – STRATEGIC ALLIANCE BUILDING
Location: Dar Es Salaam
Women Fund Tanzania – “Empowering Local Women Heroes” (WFT) is a registered local NGO based in Dar Es Salaam. WFT work towards promotion of women’s rights and gender equality agenda through grant making, capacity enhancement, resource mobilization, strategic alliance building for collective organizing, voice and strengthened women’s movement in the country. Its vision is to see a Tanzanian society where women and girls and children realize their full potential and engage fully in the transformation of their communities in order to achieve empowerment and social justice and its mission is to contribute to the building of a strong women’s and children’s movement in Tanzania.
We are looking for a dynamic, passionate, and innovative individual with the requisite knowledge, experience and skills to join our pragmatic team at WFT.
The core objective of this position is to strengthen strategic alliances and links between women’s rights organizations and women’s movement (s) in Tanzania and beyond for collective action in achieving women’s rights. Thus, this position requires a versatile individual with a mature head, knowledgeable and multi skilled to coordinate, support and manage WFT’s Strategic Alliance Building portfolio. Under the general leadership of Head of Programs, the position holder will provide overall coordination/backstopping to coalition activities for strengthened strategic alliances and women’s movement building in the country and beyond, provide leadership in maintaining timely donor reporting and preparation of specific projects budgets. The Program Officer will also s provide technical and programming support to WFT in the areas of policy analysis and positioning
The incumbent will be expected to:
- Provide leadership in day to day management of the Strategic Alliance Building portfolio conceptual and programming framework and policy analysis and
- Provide leadership in development of position papers in relation to Strategic Alliance Building functions within the organization
- Foster and manage linkages and collaboration with national governance and coordination structures that affects rights of womens, their political and social participation and inclusion in the broader women rights’ spheres across the country
- Play a (pro) active role in linking up with and funding like-minded women’s rights organizations and networks in Tanzania and beyond through active participation, joint action and learning.
- Contribute to the further growth of an effective body of knowledge and analysis in feminism and women’s rights issues in Africa and beyond.
- Coordinate and advance the women’s rights agenda through deepened ties with international and regional women’s rights, feminist and allied movements.
- Contribute and play an active role in organizational planning and implementation of its SP
- Represent WFT to relevant forums/meetings on womens’ rights and related others within and outside the country
- Support the compilation, review and submission of quality programme and donor reports on a quarterly, six monthly and annually
- Support the implementation of project performance indicators for results/impact measurement. Key requirements (qualifications and skills)
- An advanced university degree in Gender Studies, Sociology, Development, Social Work, Community Development, Law or other social science field required.
- A minimum of 5 – 8 years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in project/ programme planning, management
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow for the development and maintenance of effective relations with a diverse array of key stakeholders with differing social political persuasions to rally around a common cause
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi stakeholder projects especially in the field of children rights, women’s rights or rights-based interventions
- Thorough understanding of social drivers/structural factors affecting women rights organizations
- Thorough knowledge, skills and attitudes related to womens’ rights promotion and human rights-based approaches to development and transformation
- Aptitude in gender issues and movement building processes will be an asset
o Prior experience working with child protection frameworks e.g. NPA EVAWC o Knowledge of the INSPIRE Framework and evidence-based interventions in Tanzanian settings
o Good analytical skills o Advanced report writing skills o Computer literate with advanced skills
o Ability to conceptualize new dimensions and high capacity to articulate abstract concepts and theories
o Respect, integrity and honesty o Good work ethics
o Team player with aptitude for collaborative work
If you are interested kindly apply to the advertiser.
P.O. Box 79235
Dar es Salaam
Women fund Tanzania
Deadline for application is 05/01/2019