Most job seekers are already using social media in their job search,
Utilizing social media in your job search can help you to network with potential employers, research companies and find job postings.
If you’re not sure how to get started, join with us on social media group!
The Gen Foundation in the UK invites applications for the Gen Foundation Grants open to students/researchers in food sciences and food technology for the 2019/2020 academic year.
The Gen Foundation was registered with the Charity Commission on 14th August 1998. The aim of the Foundation is to enhance the importance of cross-cultures between Japan and the rest of the world in today’s global society.
All potential candidates should be aware that the Gen Foundation grants are one-off, non-renewable awards.
Worth of Award
Small grants of between £500 – £5,000 to support students or research activities in food sciences or food technology.
To be eligible for a Gen Foundation grant, an applicant:
- Must study and/or research in the field of natural sciences, in particular food sciences/technology and
- Should hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- The Foundation does not support undergraduates, short-term training, conferences, seminars, or thesis writing. Such applications will not be considered.
- The Foundation is supporting those who excel in the areas of natural sciences, in particular, food sciences/technology.
How to Apply
- Before applying for the Gen Foundation grant, you are strongly recommended to check whether you are eligible to apply.
- The application form must be completed in English and submitted with all of the supporting documents listed below no later than 28th February 2019.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Download a copy of the application form
2. Prepare the following documentation:
One complete application form
– Refer to page 5 of the application form before completion
– Typed applications only; handwritten applications will not be considered
– English only
One recent passport-sized photograph
– Attached to application form
– Portraits will not be accepted
An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume)
– English only
TWO original and signed letters of reference
– English or Japanese
– Not photocopied
– Not scanned
– Not emailed
Evidence of acceptance by an organisation/institution
– Evidence of a conditional letter is acceptable
– Photocopied or Original
3. Post the application form and all supporting documents to the following address. Applications should arrive no later than 28th of February 2019:
The Administrator, The Gen Foundation, 45 Old Bond Street, London W1S 4DN, United Kingdom
- Please try to send all of the above documents together with your application. However, if you are unable to provide a evidence of acceptance in time, you can arrange for it to be sent directly to us by the relevant organisation. Please let us know in your application that such documents are to follow.
- Please note they cannot return any of the documentation once they have been submitted.
Deadline: applications close 28th February 2019