Accountant (Payroll) Job Opportunities – National Medical Stores (NMS)
Organization: National Medical Stores (NMS)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Report to: Senior Accountant- Cost and Management
National Medical Stores is an autonomous Corporation that was established by an Act of Parliament 1993. Our mandate is to procure, store and distribute medicines and other medical supplies to public health facilities in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Accountant (Payroll) will be responsible for monthly preparation of the payroll and to regularly up-date payroll information as instructed as well as oversee salary payments to staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing approved payroll payment processes and update related accounts
- Preparing and submitting tax and other statutory deductions including PAYE, NSSF, VAT, LST (Local Service Tax)
- Carrying out banking on daily basis and generating weekly banking reports
- Reconciling of specific staff accounts by capturing payments, Posting recoveries and other necessary applications
- Reconciling of specific staff accounts by capturing payments, posting recoveries and other necessary applications
- To identify any risk(s ) noted during the course of execution of your duties and formally report to your immediate supervisor
- Performing any other duties assigned by Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the National Medical Stores (NMS) Accountant (Payroll) job must hold an Honors Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance and statistics
- Stage 2 of ACCA or CPA
- A minimum of three years of accounting work experience
- Computer literacy skills with competence in MS Office Suite
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters with updated CVs, copies of the academic documents/ transcripts, documents supporting your work experience, names and contact details of three professional referees addressed and delivered to the Head of Human Resource and Support Services, National Medical Stores (NMS), Plot 4-12, Nsamizi Road, P.O Box 16, Entebbe, Uganda.
Deadline: 24th May 2019