Design, Planning and Environment Manager Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Kenya Railways Corporation Jobs
- Overseeing the preparation of associated rail infrastructure designs development and control ;
- Overseeing the formulation of railway asset management policies;
- Overseeing the preparation and implementation of annual procurement plans for railway works;
- Ensuring expenditure controls and measures within the Division;
- Overseeing the implementation of railway works emergency response programmes,
- Overseeing preparation of tender documentation for railway works;
- Coordinating the processing of rail works tenders;
- Ensuring the implementation and conformance of railway management systems and periodic reviews of the performance standards;
- Re-possessing illegally acquired railway reserves;
- Participating in the planning of other rail associated infrastructure developments through institutional consultations and collaboration;
- Undertaking public sensitization on protection of railway reserves;
- Overall responsible for implementation of the Division’s strategic objectives; and
- Capacity building and performance management.
- Overall responsibility for compliance with Environmental Management laws and regulations in all rail and building construction projects
- Overall responsible for social impact interventions in rail and building construction projects are executed in accordance and compliance with social impact standards, laws, Regulations and policies.
- Master Degree in Civil /Electrical /Mechanical/Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in relevant work and at least three (3) years in a management role in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
- Registered by Engineers Board of Kenya as a professional Engineer
- Valid Practicing License from the Engineers Board of Kenya.
- Certificate in Project Management.
- Current Membership of the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK).
- Certificate in Management/Leadership skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the Kenya Railways application form (KR/HRA/KEA/FM08), attach their testimonials, certificates and National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
In compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution, attach the following clearance Certificates:
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications to be addressed to the:
Kenya Railways Corporation
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
To be received by Friday, 31st May, 2019.
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Railways is an equal opportunity Employer