Most job seekers are already using social media in their job search,
Utilizing social media in your job search can help you to network with potential employers, research companies and find job postings.
If you’re not sure how to get started, join with us on social media group!
geita gold mining job | job at geita gold mine | geita mining jobs | geita gold mining job opportunity | geita gold mine vacancies | geita gold mine jobs 2021
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Clerk 2 – Safety
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: HSE & Training
Reporting to: Superintendent 2 – Underground Safety
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide administrative support to multiple departments, through the completion of data collection and reporting, coaching, interpreting all safety related tasks in the timely manner.
- Form IV Secondary Education.
- Must have completed NOSHC I&II.
- Must have Certified First Aider by OSHA.
- At least one (1) year working experience in mining operations.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills in English language.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Maintain all location safety files in line with Company policies and government regulations.
- Promote positive health and safety culture in a workplace.
- Participate and register documented risk assessments to identify work areas that pose threats to life and property.
- Maintain accurate records of lagging indicators (incidents) reactive and Leading indicators proactive example workplace inspection findings in order to prepare reports useful in taking strategic safety decisions.
- Direct inquiries from safety information to the appropriate person overseeing that area.
- Answer incoming phone calls as they pertain to safety and general related questions.
- Communicate orally and in writing. Read and understand oral and written policies, safety and environmental requirements, and other company policies.
- Participate in department meetings and special projects
- Assist in developing and implementation of safety, procedures, and policies for production operation.
Ensure document management system within Safety section conform to the procedure and completing the work to the correct standard:
- Allocating a number.
- Correct titling of documents.
- Ensuring the correct template is being used.
- Ensuring documents have been setup on review.
- Ensuring documents have been approved.
- Responsible to provide an oversight function on the Kiosk.
- At least once a week, check and ensure work is being done.
Follow-up with the document controllers for any issues, problems or concerns they are encountering.
- Ensuring everyone who requires access has access.
- Escalating any issues up to your manager.
- Providing feedback to your Manager on progress.
- Ensure all controlled documents have been moved from the Shared Drive to Document Kiosk.
- As a Document controller, provide a status update on movement of documents.
- Ensure all controlled documents that have been published to SharePoint have been removed and loaded to the document kiosk.
- Following up on outstanding document workflows.
- Compile Safety statistics report and upload within ISMIS and finalize on the BI.
- Responsible for updates to all Safety registers, data base on the frequency determined.
- Good communication Skills.
- Must be computer literate, MS Word, MS Excel, Data base, Outlook.
- Able to use SAP
- Be able to use WMRS
- Be able to use ISIMS
- Ability to identify potential hazards and advise on minimizing risks
- Understanding site risks and recognizing hazards
- Ability to investigate safety incidents/accidents.
- Ability to demonstrate ISO 45001:2018 knowledge and skills
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY‘ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Clerk 2 – Safety”
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
- Applications should reach the above on or before 3rd November 2021 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet here.