Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan has over 80 years’ experience and works in more than 75 countries across the world. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners.Plan International has been working in Tanzania since 1991. Our work supports marginalised children and youth, especially adolescent girls, to grow up physically and mentally healthy and ready to shape their future. We create an enabling environment and empower girls to be active drivers of change in realising their rights. We prioritise working with partners, and ensuring all of our work is evidence based.Plan International Tanzania has responded to the Burundian Emergency program in Kibondo and Kasulu since October 2015 due to Burundian refugees’ influx with special focus on Case Management, Psychosocial support activities and Education in Emergencies (EiE).The Deputy Emergency Response Manager (DERM) leads implementation of projects and activities in the humanitarian program, in partnership with and reporting to the ERM.
Managing the implementation of emergency response operational activities including management of project implementation, Finance, Procurement and Logistics, security management, and representation in the absence of the ERM.Accountabilities
Provide leadership on humanitarian response operational issues – Coordinating and supporting Finance), Procurement & Logistics safety and security management and any other operational tasks as agreed with the ERM.Ensure that new project designs are informed by needs assessments and contextual analysisCoordinate with MEAL on orientation of emergency response team members on the use and concept of relevant humanitarian Standards like SPHERE, CHS, INEE and CPMS (to be under ERM because is done by Program managers direct)Regular monitoring of project implementation status in terms of expenditures and activity implementation progress, ensuring quality and timely implementation as agreed in donor contract (with coordination of BVA meetings on monthly basis)Manage, coordinate and support program teams in implementation of emergency response programs, including leading start-up of new grants and close outSupport resource mobilisation for follow up and new grants on operational needsPeriodic camp visits to support program implementation, review activities, identify needs and coordinate implementation of action points from management decisions.Represent Plan International ER program in camp level coordination meetings and ensure implementation of action points in collaboration with other agencies/stakeholders.
- Provide leadership to Finance, Procurement and Logistics and ensuring systems are in place and well-functioning and aligned with local and global policies as relevant.
- Ensure implementation of PL systems, policies, procedures (procurement, fleet, IT devices etc) including production of periodic reports including monthly stores reports, monthly procurement tracker, contract renewal/tracker and management of distribution with program teams.
- Support program teams with operational challenges by working closely with the procurement and logistics to ensure on time delivery of good and services to program.
- Ensure implementation of finance systems and procedures, on time payment to vendors, coordinate monthly BVA meetings and implementation of action points by linking with CO finance and BD team.
- Linkage between CO finance and field finance team and ensure finance systems supports program implementation including implementation of action points from audit recommendations.
- In collaboration with the HRC, develop capacity building plan for direct reports and lead relevant capacity building programs.
- Coordinate regular Senior Management Team meetings and ensure follow up of action points
- Create the conditions to ensure effective teamwork, morale among ER team, adherence to safeguarding and code of conduct.
- Conduct performance appraisals of direct reports and ensure regular feedback and mentoring on individual performance and leadership aspect.
In absence of the ERM represent the emergency response team of Plan Tanzania both internally and externally and act as Officer in Charge (OiC) including related authority which is required eg. MoHA and the local government.In collaboration with HRC -lead leadership, team work and duty of care efforts for entire ER teamSupport the coordination and interlinkage of existing projects with new projects to ensure coherence by providing pro-actively as well as per request information to the regional DRM team as well as colleagues of the national organisations (NOs) within the Plan Federation.Capacity BuildingEnsures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Reports to the Emergency Response Manager – Plan International TanzaniaRegional technical specialists. As delegated by the ERM, representatives of the NOs who collaborate with the CO on DRM projects in TanzaniaCountry Office functional heads including HRM, Head of Finance, IT, Procurement & Logistics and Business Development Manager.
Other agencies and stakeholders related to the programme – national and state government, relevant UN system, International NGOs, Local partners and communitiesTECHNICAL expertise, skills and knowledge
- At least 2 years professional experience implementing humanitarian projects including in a program management role.
- Fluency in English in writing and speaking.
- Demonstrable experience in coordinating and/or implementing related emergency projects funded through UN agencies and/or international donors (i.e. SIDA, USAID, DFID, GFFO)
- Demonstrable experience of coordinating programmes/projects in line with key international humanitarian standards
- Demonstrable experience in direct supervision and line management of project staff
- Demonstrable experience of organizational representation and engagement with humanitarian stakeholders.
- General knowledge and understanding of INEE and CPIE minimum standards, Core Humanitarian Standards, SPHERE, Red Cross/NGO Code of Conduct and other relevant international standards for humanitarian response.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to guide local and international staff if required and also able to work with disaster affected communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Well organized even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem solving skills
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Plan’s core values and humanitarian principles.
Experience working in the Kigoma Humanitarian Program.Plan International’s Values in PracticeWe are open and accountablePromotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organization for all children, girls & young peopleWe strive for lasting impactArticulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.Focuses resources to drive change and maximize long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.We work well together
Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.Level of contact with children
New 139 Jobs Vacancies at Judicial Service Commission Jobs Vacancies at Judicial Service Commission, The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) in…
100 Bancassurance Direct Sales Staff Jobs at NMB Bank PLC Are you looking for Bancassurance Direct Sales Staff Jobs, nmb…
CBU Project Lead Jobs at Vodacom Tanzania PLC Vodacom Tanzania PLC is a leading mobile network operator in Tanzania. The…
New Jobs Opportunities at Firm 23 Ltd New Jobs Opportunities at Firm 23 Ltd, Firm 23 Ltd use technology to…
Content Creation Executive at Mwananchi Communications Limited Mwananchi Communications Limited, a subsidiary of Nation Media Group, and publishers of Mwananchi,…
Executive Assistant at African Fibres Tanzania Limited African Fibres Tanzania Limited (AFT) is a leading textile manufacturing company located in…