pacific islands leadership program with Tanzanian |pacific islands leadership fellowship program |pacific island leadership program 2021
Founded in 2013, the Pacific Islands Leadership Program (PILP) graduated its seventh cohort, “Generation Seven” in December 2019. Building on a vibrant alumni network of 157 alumni from 15 countries spanning the Pacific region, PILP is developing a new generation of leaders and a community of action.
Hosted by the East-West Center, PILP is generously funded by a grant from the Institute of Diplomacy and International Affairs (IDIA) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), Republic of China (Taiwan).
PILP will help you:
- Develop advanced regional knowledge and pan-Pacific perspectives by analyzing shared challenges and generating collaborative solutions
- Enhance your individual leadership capacity and understanding of leadership
- Clarify career and life goals and develop a personal action plan for the future
- Deepen your emotional intelligence and ability to thrive in a volatile, uncertain world
- Connect the Pacific to Asia by experiencing the best of Taiwan
- Join a dynamic leadership network and community of action spanning the Pacific region
Program Dates for 2022, Generation Eight
Dates are subject to change:
Phase 1 – Honolulu: September 23 – October 21, 2022
Phase 2 – Taiwan: October 23 – November 24, 2022
Phase 3 – Leadership Retreat in Taiwan (TBD): November 25 – 30, 2022
Fellows depart from Taiwan: December 1, 2022
PILP Fellowship Provisions
The PILP Fellowship covers: tuition, residence hall room costs, health insurance, course materials, living stipend, airfare to Honolulu, airfare from Honolulu to Taipei, airfare from Taipei to home country, as well as visa SEVIS fees (if required).
Applications for 2022 are open and must be submitted before February 1, 2022. Late applications are not accepted and we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Instructions and forms are available on the How To Apply page.
For detailed information on the 3 phases of PILP, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to view answers to the most frequently-asked questions about PILP.