Job Vacancies at Vodacom Tanzania 2021 | Finance Business Partner – CBU
Finance Business Partner – CBU
Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Date Posted: 25-Oct-2021
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Role Purpose & Key Accountabilities
Finance Business Partner – CBU aids commercial business units in setting strategy, products decision making, pricing decisions, providing market insights and options that drive enhanced value creation for the commercial team, plays part in product propositions and helps management decision process for the company to achieve targets through relevant advice and timely monitoring of results.
Key Accountabilities: Nafasi za kazi vodacom 2021
Business Partner Support
- Part of the business unit management team contributing to strategy & decision making, whilst being a constructive challenger
- Provide strategic input and financial support on commercial & operating issues such as policies, procedures, promotions and go-to-market.
- Support the on-going review & maintenance of adequate operational control environment over financial items e.g. commission costs, etc.
Business Cases and Analytics
- Gather relevant inputs from commercial and external references and analyze them for aiding insight and decision making.
- Provide the methodology then prepare and review business cases.
- Challenge commercial teams by proposing alternatives to drive value especially ARPU uplift.
- Present trade-offs and rank alternatives to support senior management to take appropriate decisions
- Identify ways to track results and carry out post launch analysis & propose recommendations
- Proactively engage with commercial teams and review their processes and ensure governance policies are being followed.
Finance Support to product proposition
- Execute product profitability analysis and ensure propositions are profitable before launch and perform post launch analysis.
- Support development of calculation tools and benchmarks for micro products
- Verify propositions alignment with forecast and monitor CBU budget.
- Ensure budget set for customer operations is controlled and call center costs are monitored including their KPIs.
- Be a touch point to Vodacom Group on IB matters related to CBU
- Support with ad-hoc analysis to develop commercial frameworks, reports, analyses and related contracts
Planning, Performance Management and Monitoring
- Be responsible for commercial/consumer unit performance management.
- Monitoring commercial/consumer unit performance against targets
- Identifying potential issues and carrying out analysis to validate
- Supporting departments to identify, analyse, validate and implement remedy actions
- Support Financial Planning & Analysis and the business unit in the planning process.
- Provide inputs for target setting, development of scenarios & options with the business, whilst being a constructive challenger.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Strong analytical skills with ability to integrate the details into a big picture view;
- Must be pro-active with ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Good communication skills (oral and written) with ability to influence with impact, use clear and compelling messages;
- Degree in at least one of the following: Finance, Accounting or equivalent;
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience (finance, accounting, audit);
- Fluent in English;
- Data analysis skills, use data driven information and provide fact based and forward looking insights and ability to deliver on agile data analytics;
- Telecoms Experience is an advantage
- CPA, CA, ACCA, CISA, CIA or similar qualifications
- Business Partnering
- Accounting – FinOps
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY