Place of Work/Location: Kagera, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 04.10.2021
Type of Contract: Part Time
Languages Required: English & Kiswahili
Starting Date: November 2021
Duration of Initial Contract: One Year
Information about Jambo For Development:
Jambo for Development (JFD) works with schools, children, parents, institutions, and local and central government officials to further its mission to use creative sports and games to em power children and youth in Kagera Region, Tanzania to achieve gender equality and improved health (HIV/AIDS awareness and water and sanitation) and education outcomes. The JFD pro grammes focus on improving existing infrastructure, training teachers, and organising sports competitions for children. JFD’s innovative “Life Skills Games” concept offers children a unique ‘learning by doing’ experience and imparts a range of essential skills that include interpersonal, decision-making, critical thinking and self-management skills creating increased awareness and confidence. The teacher training component of the programme imparts teachers with knowledge and tools to help raise awareness about HIV/AIDS and further develop the pupils’ social and physical skills.
Jambo for Development and its pre-cursor and founding organisation Jambo Bukoba, based in Germany, have reached more than 500,000 children by the end of 2017 generating improve ments in school examination results moving Kagera to the third position countrywide.
Visit us: https://jambofordevelopment.org/
Jambo For Development is looking for a part time IT-Support officer for our office in Bukoba. Your working time varies from 5 to 10 hours per week depending on the demands of our pro ject team (8 associates or PC’s respectively). A major part of this job can be done remotely by suitable software like TeamViewer e.g., but serious and/or urgent issues may require your at tendance in the office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Information and Technology Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Setting up a new Office 365/SharePoint environment for Jambo for Development
• Migration of user accounts, email inboxes and data from an existing Office 365 system to the new Jambo for Development Office 365 system
Administrating the Office 365 environment
Setting up laptops and integrating them into the existing IT structure
• Handling all kind of support cases (hardware, operating system incl. updates and driver in stallation, Office 365 end user support, all other kind of user’s IT problems)
• Synchronizing with the Jambo Bukoba IT-team in Munich
Website management and troubleshot
Ability to write/produce written content for the website will be additional advantage (Blogs and Newsletters)
Demonstrates integrity by modelling the JFD values and ethical standards.
• Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Jambo For Development.
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
• Be a good ambassador of Jambo For Development in sports, gender issues, HIV/AIDS awareness, and education
Organization and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available re sources, and multiple reporting relationships.
Plans, coordinates, and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines.
Establishes, builds, and maintains effective working relationships with staff and stakehold ers to facilitate the provision of maximum support
Focuses on result for the JFD project.
Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
• Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure.
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
• Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
• Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behaviour
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
Experience and in-depth knowledge of Office 365 and Azure Active Directory
• Extensive experience of Microsoft Windows 10 Pro and trouble shooting
• Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office package
Good English language and communication skills
Please apply in English using your CV (including education, internships, working experiences and employments) and covering letter (as a motivational letter why you are interested in this position and Jambo for Development) as a single document. Also include actual and expected annual gross compensation for this position and references from former working experiences.
Please send your application to email@example.com