How do job seekers use social media?
Job Title: Procurement Officer (Fresher Career Jobs)
Organisation: Africa Medical and Behavioral Sciences Organization (AMBSO)
Duty Station: Nansana, Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Finance and Administration
Africa Medical and Behavioral Sciences Organization (AMBSO) is a ‘Private Not for profit (PNFP) organization working in partnership with Uro Care Hospital, with Head offices at Nansana, along Hoima Road and satellite office in Hoima. AMBSO conducts a wide range of activities of public health interest including clinical research, community-based health surveillance research, programs for health Care services delivery and capacity building among health care workers and community health workers.
With funding from Gilead Sciences Inc. and in collaboration with MUJHU care limited, AMBSO will participate in a six-year multi-site PURPOSE 1 study that is aimed at evaluating the efficacy of Lenacapavir (LEN) and Emitricitabine/Tenofovir Alafenamide (F/TAF) in preventing HIV transmission among adolescent girls and young women (AGYWs) at high risk of acquiring HIV infection. AMBSO is seeking for qualified, committed and reliable professionals to work at its Masaka and Hoima research sites.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communication with suppliers, contractors, and department officials and employees regarding purchase requisitions, specifications, bids, contracts, orders, and related matters.
- Drafting, review, and comparison of specifications and prices of competitive items and also examining, inspecting, and comparing of the quality of merchandise and/or services purchased or to be purchased for project purposes.
- Drafting, editing, review, and interpretation of contract terms and conditions
- Evaluation of proposals, bids, and quotations; and the awarding, final negotiation, and/or recommendation of contract awards within prescribed limits.
- Purchases goods and services within established limits as provided by Procurement manual.
- Contacts suppliers for price quotes; prepares requisitions and affixes authorizing signature before ordering.
- Checks accuracy of funding information.
- Informs staff of purchasing procedures and regulations.
- Maintains purchasing records. Contacts vendors or agency representatives to obtain availability and product information or to solicit bids; develops requests for quotations.
- Evaluates information to ensure compliance with donor and organization policies and public procurement and contract law.
- Assists higher level buyers with the selection of bidders, public bid openings, preliminary bid evaluation, brand comparisons and final award of bids.
- Conducts market research concerning prices for items required.
- Support with processing requisitions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Public or Business Administration, or related field;
- A minimum of two years of professional-level experience
- Clerical, word processing, and/or Microsoft office application skills.
- Riding and driving skills is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit their application letter, valid academic documents and detailed resume (CV) with three recognizable referees to: Uro Care-AMBSO office-Nansana. (Behind Bukomero Seven sisters building, Nakuule Zone). Emails: [email protected] (PDF file only).
NB: Please clearly indicate the Research site that you are applying for (either Masaka or Hoima) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 15th October 2021 by 5:00pm