Most job seekers are already using social media in their job search,
Utilizing social media in your job search can help you to network with potential employers, research companies and find job postings.
If you’re not sure how to get started, join with us on social media group!
procurement specialist job post, procurement specialist jobs dar es salaam, jobs opportunity at smart codes, nafasi za kazi smart codes, ajira smart codes, procurement job in tanzania
About the job
Smart codes Limited is a digital transformation platform company with a mission to solve African challenges through creative ideas, media, technology, and making a mark in everything we do across Africa.
We believe in adopting creativity and innovation as a driver to communicate organizational messages and in turn, bring change and growth to African communities. Times change and to prosper with our clients, we ensure to serve them with premium quality services delivered at high standards. Our vast profile ranges from being the leading advertising, marketing, and creative agency and groundbreaking innovators in technology all aimed at connecting African brands to the world.
We are looking for a Procurement Specialist.
Reporting line: Finance Manager
Responsible for sound and effective procurement, Supplier management and ensuring value for money is being attained on all procurement processes without compromising the procurement process.
Procurement Specialist Responsibilities:
- Monitor the day-to-day procurement process.
- Onboard suppliers and manage suppliers contracts and work closely with user departments to ensure effective and efficient implementation;
- Ensure timely payment of suppliers as per Smart Africa Group policies
- Ensuring proper documentation of payables including PI, LPO, DRN, GRN, Invoice and EFD receipts.
- Manage all procurement process in accordance with SAG policies and procedures, in a transparent, accountable, efficient, timely and cost-effective manner, negotiating prices and proposing new suppliers to be validated.
- Conduct supplier verification visits processes and performs due diligence as required.
- Being able to utilize an accounting system for supplier record trucking and managing of invoice aging reports.
- Tracking project expenses and advising on the variances.
- Seek out methods for minimizing risk to the company arising from procurement.
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Advise Finance manager regarding procurements process.
- Developing annual company procurement plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
Procurement Specialist requirements are:
- 2+ years’ experience of working as a procurement or account payable officer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement & Logistics, Accounting, Finance Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field is required.
- Professional certification is an added advantage.
- Experience working with XERO accounting system is an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills