Job Location – Northern Zone, Arusha
- To market agribusiness MSMEs products and services to grow assets and liabilities; generate leads, processing and assessing MSMEs agri-credit applications, reviewing credit appraisals from Relationship Managers in Zones and Branch Relationship Officers.
- Analyze performance of all agri-MSMEs in a mandated area of operation against set budget and ensure compliance with quality standards of the agri-loans.
- Advice the Head, Agribusiness Retail on implications and corrective measures for any business anomalies. In view of the job purpose the Relationship Manager is expected to put forward business propositions and support product development team in modelling new products and services that fits agribusiness customers.
- Prepare action plan for implementation and achievement of assets and liabilities budget objectives for his/her area of operation i.e. Northern zone.
- Review and advise the Bank on its pricing policy for agri-loan products and services from time to time based on feedback from the field.
- Come up with initiatives to improve customers’ engagement platforms such as Business clubs, Agri Executive network and related Agri events.
- Monitor and supervise all MSMEs Agri-loans issued and disbursed in his/her area of operation/zone to ensure good and quality portfolio.
- Timely prepare periodical and ad hoc evaluation reports on Agri-MSMEs performance on assets and liabilities
- Plan, prepare and review marketing strategies for new and existing Agri-loan products from time to time.
- Monitor and ensure that all MSMEs Agri-loan products delivery processes are working properly and provide advice to the Head of Agri Retail for any improvement needed.
- Review credit appraisals from Relationship Officers that require Retail or Wholesale CREDCOs decision.
- Assist branches and zones to prepare budgets for Agri-MSMEs assets and liabilities.
- Train and coach Relationship Officers on various business best practices and processes in evaluating and assessing Agri-Loan applicants.
- Excellent knowledge of agribusiness economics, the role of credit in business and business development.
- Sound knowledge of Agribusiness Retail Banking products and services in the agricultural value chains.
- Excellent knowledge of agriculture sector dynamics and related laws.
- Sound understanding of other bank’s loan products, policies and procedures for cross selling purposes.
- Excellent knowledge of banking operations and financial markets in Tanzania.
- Sound knowledge of Agri-MSMEs market and general business environments in the agriculture value chains.
- Good computer skills (Excel, word, power point presentation and access)
- Self-motivated, innovative with ability to initiate and lead change.
- Good customer relationship management with ambition to provide solutions to customers’ expectations.
- Excellent communication (English and Kiswahili), numerical, analytical, report writing and presentation skills.
- Managerial and leadership skills (conceptual and resourcefulness).
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills for both internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Agriculture and/or Agricultural Economics, Banking, Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent fields.
- Minimum of three years’ banking experience, inclusive of roles in credit assessment, project appraisal and other bank operations.
Preferred Language Skill :Excellent communication (English and Kiswahili)