Program Officer Job, NGO Jobs Kenya October,
Young Women Christian Association (YWCA) Kenya a women and youth membership based, non-governmental development organization invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Program Officer- Entrepreneurship under GlobalSOKO project within their establishment. The incumbent is expected to help women, girls and youths to acquire necessary skills and resources to start small business within its membership for sustainable livelihoods.
JOB TITLE: PROGRAM OFFICER -ENTREPRENEURSHIP
POSITIONS: One (1)
SUPERVISOR: Head of Programs
DUTY STATION: Head Office
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To provide professional and operational management that address entrepreneurial gaps in Youths within the Young Women Christian Association Kenya (YWCA’s) system through Entrepreneurial knowledge & Skills acquisition, resource management and digital marketing skills with an aim of uplifting their livelihoods.
- To provide an effective, efficient and quality Value-Chain service delivery.
- Manage GlobalSOKO’s projects that would help groups start businesses that uplift their standards
- Manage the resources allocated to the project through the identified groups based on GlobalSOKO’s criteria.
- Ensure that the projects function maintain effective service delivery
- Assess and strengthen the effectiveness of GlobalSOKO’s program as well as its implementation
- Facilitate regular team meetings to promote communication and information sharing, discuss performance standards and compliance, monitor general trends in the market and other group concerns and/or developments.
- Draw up, manage and monitor the project activity plans, budget for the function in consultation with the Program Manager and Branch Managers
- Plan and make requisitions for procurements of group project materials and services using the set guidelines for procurement procedures.
- Undertake periodic review and make recommendations on changes/improvements on policies and procedures relating to the function.
- Support the community trainers/ToTs in session plan development, quality report writing and mentoring/coaching of young women.
Managing Service delivery and Promotion of Products
- Identify target groups with the YWCA branches.
- Assess and evaluate market demands and supply trends to inform entrepreneurship ventures
- Develop, review a detailed work plan training Programme to be implemented
- Conduct business management trainings to women entrepreneurs for Income generation.
- Initiate new income generating ideas that are viable and visible for self-sustainability after donor support has ended.
- Initiate partnerships and collaborations with like-minded organizations and individuals
- Prepare procurement plans to ensure that group activity centers are fully equipped and maintained.
- Support production and maintain Market linkages for entrepreneurial products including financial friendly services
- Track and Monitor all entrepreneurial activities in the branches to ensure improved livelihoods.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports/statistics from the entrepreneurs’ activities.
- Resource mobilization and fundraising for scalability and sustainability.
Management of Resources
- Maintain inventory of any equipment under project groups
- Plan and make requisitions for procurements of materials and services using the set guidelines for procurement procedures.
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- Degree in in any livelihoods discipline, preferably related to entrepreneurship, Business Administration, social sciences, humanities or other livelihoods related discipline.
Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
- Entrepreneurship and Micro Enterprise Management/Small Business Management and
- Knowledge in Sales and Marketing with strong digital marketing skills will be an added advantage
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Ability to coordinate field activities and proven competency in data collection and analysis
- Creative thinking with proven record of using inventive local materials/limited resources to design and deliver
- Skills in micro-enterprise management, group management, book keeping, micro-financing, value addition, planning and savings
- High level of integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver field-based projects that would match both national and international standards
- Good report writing, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of market needs and trends both locally and internationally will be an added advantage
Relevant Job Experience
- Two years’ experience with proven record
Terms and expression of Interest
How to Apply
This position is contractual and interested candidates should send their application, CV, professional and academic certificates on PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Job Title, Expected Salary and Availability by close of business on 15th October 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications will be on a rolling basis. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Public is advised that YWCA does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.