How do job seekers use social media?
Abattoir General Manager
Our client is seeking an experienced General Manager to join their rapidly growing team. As an ideal candidate, they should be a born leader with previous Ranching and Abattoir managerial experience with proven experience in overseeing operations, and potentially human resources, finance and communications departments
- Health & Safety: To ensure the implementation and the strict adherence to Health, Safety and Biosecurity practice and procedures of the Ranch
- Laws & Regulations: To ensure compliance with all laws and livestock regulations of the Country and in particular, but not limited to those that apply to the Company and the operations of the Ranch.
- Employees: To source, identify and hire skilled and unskilled employees, as appropriate, to carry out the functions required for Ranch and Abattoir operations.
- Training: To prepare and implement training practice and procedures for all Ranch and Abattoir personnel, to ensure that the highest level, appropriate to each employee’s position is achieved and maintained.
- Company Policy: To implement and maintain Company Policies relative to the operation of the Company.
- Company Representation: To serve as the on-site Liaison with Department of veterinary Services, Ministry of livestock and Fisheries Development and any other stakeholders.
- Government Authorities: To interact with all appropriate Government Ministries officials when necessary.
- Operations: To monitor and ensure the smooth running of the company to achieve the best results.
- Budget: To prepare the annual Ranch and Abattoir budget for all sections related to operations, personnel and repairs maintenance.
- Departmental Performance: To formulate and set standards inclusive of accountability and target by which the performance of the company can be measured and appraised accordingly.
- Third party companies: To identify and source third party companies to provide Livestock and veterinary services and inputs as necessary ensuring that the highest standards are maintained by conducting quality checks.
- Service Position: To ensure that the maintenance and repair services rendered to the Ranch and Abattoir are adequate, with minimal interruption to the operations.
- Environment: To maintain and uphold the Environment Protection procedures in accordance with the environmental impact assessment.
- Records: To ensure that all appropriate and necessary records are kept and maintained at all times.
- Meetings: To actively participate and contribute at Management Meetings on all matters, to the mutual benefit of the Company.
- Brand: To participate in the formulation of the company Brand, including promotion, awareness and protection in thereof.
Minimum Qualifications and Skill:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Meat Science, Livestock Production, Agri-Business or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the General Management of a Ranch and Abattoir.
- Must be willing to reside in Morogoro region
- Strong decision-making capabilities.
- Above-average communication, collaboration, and delegation skills.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain financial plans.
- Ability to motivate and lead people, and hold employees accountable.
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures.
All qualified and interested candidates shall send their CVs ONLY to [email protected] by 05th November 2021.
While we appreciate all applicants who trust us enough to apply with us, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.