How do job seekers use social media?
job post, ggm jobs 2021, ggm jobs tanzania,ggm new jobs, ggm vacancy, ggm geita jobs, ggm ajira, ggm ajira, nafasi za kazi ggm, ajira ggm
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Assistant 1 – Evaluation
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time Contract
Reporting to: Controller 2 – QAQC
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of the role is to conduct sampling and drilling activities related to DD and RC Drilling operations / activities in support of Evaluation Superintendent to archive the set targets.
- Completion of secondary school education or higher.
- At least 2 year working experience in Geology / Mining Environment.
- Experience on Geological QAQC related activities.
- Possession of a valid Tanzanian driver`s license will be an added advantage
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure a safe work environment by adhering to the minimum safety standards e.g. (PPE requirements such as gloves, Safety glasses etc., conducting TAKE 5, participating in Hazard Identification and reporting).
- Sample collection from field and submission to/from assay laboratories/MSPU as per standard operating procedures.
- Crush and Pulverize barren materials for QAQC programs; sorting and Storing of drilling and lab sample remnants (Pulp duplicate &Rejects)
- Prepare routine sample submission and the corresponding submission sheets. Record submission details as per standard operating procedure.
- Ensure timely record Keeping into designated control sheets/books
- Conduct insertion of appropriate QC materials in all grade control, Resource development and Exploration assay sample submission as per standard operating procedure.
- Sort and prepare samples for check assay, pulp resubmission, Bottle Roll, Multielement and PXRF Analysis as per SOP
- Retrieve DD hole from the core storage area (for historical holes only), cleaning and make them dry before commencing Geomet data collection
- Calibrate all the Geomet machines as per SOP before commencing Geomet data collection and keep the record
- Collect Geomet data as per SOP to archive the set targets
- Download Geomet data on completion of data collection. Document and ensure proper storage of both softcopy and hardcopy
- Participate on other QAQC activities as deemed necessary
- Numeracy Skills
- Computer Knowledge (MS Word, Excel etc.)
- Communication Skills
- Teamwork Spirit
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY‘ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Assistant 1 – Evaluation”
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 16th November 2021 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.