How do job seekers use social media?
ajira sos, nafasi za kazi, nafasi za wahasibu wasaidizi sos village, sos children’s villages tanzania jobs, sos children’s villages tanzania, nafasi za kazi sos village, ajira sos village
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care and protection organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions;
Job Title: Assistant Accountant ( 4 Posts)
Duty station: Dar es Salaam, Mwanza, Arusha and Zanzibar
Reporting to: Program Accountant
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Assistant Accountant is responsible for assisting the Program Accountant in coordinating and supervising SOS Children’s Villages Programs financial matters
- Provides financial matters, ensuring that all Projects operate per Financial Policies and Procedures of National Association and SOS Children’s Villages International in line with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Supports the Program Accountant in preparation of monthly financial re
- Ensures that all payments are genuine, are appropriately supported and accounted for; and all receipts are properly documented and timely banked.
- In consultation with the Program Accountant, the Facility/program heads are supported in preparing and developing their annual
- In collaboration with the Program Accountant, periodically prepares the income and expense variance analysis and helps to report and suggest adjustments or budget re-allocation where necessary.
- Assist the Program Accountant in preparing monthly running cost transfer requests in line with the approved budget.
- Participate in carrying out an internal audit for all the Programs / Facilities as per the Internal Audit checklist and the requirements of the National
- Regularly reviews all supporting documents for payments such as Purchase Request Form, Local Purchase Orders, Invoices, bills, payment vouchers e.t.c. to see if the expenses are appropriate and within the budget limits and the accuracy of the bills and invoices before payment is prepared.
- Regularly checks the Bank and Cash Registers and the Bank Statements of SOS Children’s Village Mwanza accounts to ensure that all payments and withdrawals are authentic. Immediately reports any irregularity noted for necessary action.
- Prepares Cash and Bank Registers as per the approved payment vouchers daily, ensuring they are correctly coded, and all supporting documents are available.
- Operates petty cash, prepares petty cash vouchers, observes maximum and minimum float amounts, timely requests for
- Ensures room inventories are prepared for all offices/buildings and are reconciled with the fixed asset and Navision asset listings.
- Assist Program Accountant in ensuring that all measures to strengthen internal control as recommended by auditors in various audit reports are implemented and adhered to by all Program units.
- Administers food and household and clothing allowances for the village according to the approved rates.
- Ensures all salary advances, soft loans, travel advances, and business imprests are recovered in time, all overdue amounts to be communicated with the National Office for the subsequent payroll
- Prepares Bank reconciliation statements and cash registers for Children’s Village, Programs,
- Prepare payment vouchers with relevant accounting codes and numbers and with adequate supporting documents, and that entries made in the registers tally with the payment
- Assist Program Accountant in posting all program transactions to accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics NAV) daily.
- Assist the Program Accountant in preparation of income and expense variance analysis
- Assist Project Accountant in ensuring all salary advances, soft loans, travel advances, and business imprests are recovered in time, all overdue amounts to be communicated with the National Office for the subsequent payroll
- Regularly review the bills (telephone, electricity bills, maintenance claims etc.) for payment and submit to the Program Accountant for checking and authenticity before vouchers are prepared and payment
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting/ MBA or a related field
- Final/ Intermediate stage for NBAA examination will be an added advantage
- Plus three (3) years in a relevant field (preferably with an NGO).
- Prior experience in accounting, budgeting, financial controlling, internal audit, accounting
- Analytical skills
- High degree of Integrity
How to apply:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit their application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 refer- ees.The candidate MUST clearly indicate the title of position applied for. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo. Closing date is 25th November, 2021. To apply please send to;\
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania