nafasi za manunuzi, ajira za msaidizi procurement, ajira ya msaidizi wa manunuzi, sos children’s villages tanzania jobs, sos children’s villages tanzania, nafasi za kazi sos village, ajira sos village
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care and protection organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions;
Job Title: Assistant Procurement and Logistics Officer (1 Post)
Duty station: Zanzibar
Reporting to: Program Director
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Assistant Procurement and Logistics Officer will be responsible to play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for the organization by following procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of current and incoming inventory and be responsible for approving purchases at Zanzibar CV. Responsible for performing confidential administrative, clerical duties relating to organizing and coordinating procurement activities, review and distribution of information
- Assist in identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, building and maintaining good relationships with
- Assist the Procurement and Logistics Officer to develop an organization’s purchasing strategy
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Giving presentations about market analysis and possible growth;
- Support the Procurement and Logistics Officer to review and analyse all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options and make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about status, changes or cancellations.
- Prepare, maintain and review purchasing files, reports and price list.
- Track status of requisitions, contracts and orders.
- Calculate costs of orders and charges or forward invoices to appropriate accounts
- Monitor contract performance, recommending contract modifications when necessary.
- Finding new vendors with quality products and low costs.
- Coordinate with the request and make sure the right materials needed
- Able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity
- Monitor in house inventory movement and complete inventory transfer forms for bookkeeping
- Carry out other duties that may from time to time be assigned to you by the Program Director and Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Keep sound and adequate logistics records in connection with the bar codes.
- Ensure service and repairs of office equipment
- Keep accurate in terms of data and record management and insist good negotiation skills to fetch the best charges for the
- Develop and execute tools and methodologies to enable effective implementation of logistic
- Design and develop standard operating methods to manage logistics operations efficiently
- Coordinate logistics activities related to procurement, funding, substantive units and humanitarian affairs.
- Develop and execute logistics support policy, processes and methodologies to the general benefit of all mission
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Office supplies, Material Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- 3 to 4 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement and logistics.
- Knowledge on Logistics and Transport Management
- Be able to use effectively computerized integrated Financial Management and Human Resource System
- Knowledge of organizational procurement procedures is highly desirable
- Supply Chain Management skills
- Analytical Skills
- Decision-making and Negotiating Skills
How to apply:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit their application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 refer- ees.The candidate MUST clearly indicate the title of position applied for. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo. Closing date is 25th November, 2021. To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.