How do job seekers use social media?
wfp jobs, wfp jobs in tanzania 2021, nafasi za kazi wfp, ajira mpya wfp 2021, wfp jobs in tanzania, wfp jobs november 2021, wfp jobs 2021, wfp jobs in africa, the wfp jobs, wfp jobs tanzania, wfp tanzania, wfp jobs careers
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Having a Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, Transport Management, Fleet Management will be an added advantage.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Swahili languages.
The Business Support Asssistant (Fleet Manager) is expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities and may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality fleet management practices.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Administration Associate , the Fleet Manager will be responsible for:
• Supervise and Monitor the performance of WFP LVs in the country to achieve optimum utilisation, guide CO, and FOs on vehicle routing & scheduling for effective, efficient, and safe LV fleet management in line with WFP corporate policy and CO strategy.
• Provide day to day supervision to office drivers, ensure they perform the assigned tasks as required, monitor drivers’ performance, vehicles cleanness and readiness for missions and other duties.
• Conduct analysis of vehicle status and make recommendations for timely replacement, including determining the size and type of vehicles in order to improve cost-efficiency.
• Ensure that vehicle repairs and preventive maintenance are performed in accordance with the manufacturer recommendations and WFP standards established to achieve maximum reliability with minimum downtime and in cost effective manner.
• Prepare weekly and monthly maintenance schedule of all CO LVs and ensure vehicle maintenance is carried out accordingly and vehicles are ready for operation.
• Prepare maintenance request work order from drivers’ fault report, regular vehicle check and periodic preventive maintenance schedule.
• Ensure reliable maintenance service provider is maintained at all locations in the country.
• Ensure that all vehicles have the appropriate insurance coverage, initiate, and follow up on all claims with the local company as well as SIS insurance policy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES CONTINUED I
• Supervise and Implement the CO/WFP corporate road safety policy and procedure which includes, planning and supporting effective driver training delivery to improve drivers’ safety performance, accident reporting and investigation.
• Ensure timely, accurate and complete fuel, maintenance and other fleet management transaction data are entered in the Fleet Management System (FMS) by the responsible staff in all offices.
• Prepare periodical report on Fleet management key performance indicators such as operational cost performance, light vehicle utilization including rental vehicles where applicable, safety performance etc.
• Organize systematic reconciliation of Fleet Management System (FMS) Fuel consumption and vehicle maintenance records and compare KPI against actual physical records on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Manage local third party and SIS insurance and make sure that the renewals of all contracts and insurance policies are affected timely. Be responsible for timely accident reporting and accident management in accordance with WFP guidelines.
• In coordination with Fleet Centre, work with all respective units to achieve and maintain optimum fleet size.
World Food Programme TZCO
• Provide managerial oversight, monitor and ensure that all drivers and fleet focal persons have the necessary training to carry out their duties in a safe and professional manner; provide technical advice and assistance to transport supervisors, and other fleet staff.
• Produce reports and information as required by the Organization promptly and on a timely basis via FMS and Vehicle Tracking System (VTS).
• Maintain proper filing systems and archiving of vehicle documents so that they may be retrieved promptly and efficiently when required.
• Maintain files for each vehicle that will contain the vehicle’s history such as: procurement documentation, registration, insurance, assignment, location, annual inspection reports, accident reports and maintenance record. To ensure that the vehicle files, are kept up to date and all documentation properly maintained.
• Managing and administering the Carpooling Services to be provided by WFP to the Service Recipients (other UN Agencies).
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
• Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
• Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
• Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work, fleet management, business administration and transport management.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All applications should be submitted through the e-recruitment portal.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for receiving applications is 07th December 2021.
Female applicants, individuals with disability and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY