How do job seekers use social media?
The President’s Office, Public Service Management and Good Governance (PO PSMGG/UTUMISHI) is a Ministry under President’s Office as per Government Notice No.143 of 2016. Before 2016 it was known as The President’s Office, Public Service Management (PO-PSM). Its chief executive and accounting officer is the Permanent Secretary, who has a workforce of about 300 employees. Formerly known as the Civil Service Department, it was transformed into President’s Office, Public Service Management (PO-PSM) in the year 2003 to conform to the newly enacted Public Service Act No. 8 of 2002. Along with the transformation, opportunity was taken to accommodate efficiency and effectiveness considerations in the Management of the Public Service, in particular implementation of the on-going Public Service Reforms and in provision of its services.
To undertake recruitment of Public servants using modern approaches by adhering to principles of equity, transparency and merits as well as providing advice to employers on employment related matters.
Functions of Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
- The major role of PSRS is to facilitate recruitment in the Public Service. According to the Public Service Cap. 298 of 2002 as amended by Amendment Act No. 18 of 2007 section 29 (1), the functions of PSRS are:-
- Search for various professionals with special skills and prepare database for such professionals for easier recruitment;
- Register graduates and professionals for purposes of ease of reference of filling vacant posts;
- Advertise vacant posts occurring in the public service;
- Engage appropriate experts for purposes of conducting interviews
- Advise employers on various matters related to recruitment, and
- Do any other act or thing which may be directed by the Minister responsible for Public Service.
The core values of PSRS cornerstones of work performance and conduct in adaptation to changes in society, government, politics, and technology. The following were PSRS core values:-
Pursuit of excellence in service delivery.
- Loyalty to Government.
- Courtesy to all.
- Respect for the law, and
- Proper use of official information
Call For Work At UTUMISHI November 2021
The Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) is a government organ with a status of independent Department established specifically to facilitate the recruitment process of employees to the Public Service. Public Service Recruitment Secretariat was established by the Public Service Act No. 8 0f 2002 as amended by Act No. 18 of 2007, section 29(1).
Download names called at Work | Pakua majina ya walioitwa kazini