Most job seekers are already using social media in their job search,
Utilizing social media in your job search can help you to network with potential employers, research companies and find job postings.
If you’re not sure how to get started, join with us on social media group!
nafasi za kazi who, ajira who, who cosultant job, nafasi za kazi zanzibar, who jobs in tanzania, who jobs in zanzibar, who jobs in zanzibar 2021, who jobs august 2021, who jobs 2021, who jobs in tanzania 2021, who jobs tanzania
Purpose of the Consultancy:
Objectives of the programme
The objectives of the WHO Regional Office and the UHC-LC are to assist Member States to plan and implement relevant policies and strategies for the achievement of Universal Health Coverage and Health related Sustainable Development Goal. The Universal Health Coverage Life Course (UHC-LC) team provide technical assistance and strategic support to the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Eldery and Children (MoHCDGEC) Tanzania Mainland and to the Ministry of Health, Social Welfare, Elderly, Gender and Children Zanzibar (MoHSWEGC), to improve access to quality people centred health services along the life course, to improve access to medicines and medical devices and to ensure financial access to health services for all including the most vulnerable.
In Zanzibar technical assistance and financial support were provided for the development of the first Strategic Plan of Mnazi Mmoja National Hospital (MMNH) developed for 2012-2022. The plan aimed at enhancing performance through customer-focused (customer-centeredness) interventions and institutionalizing transparency and accountability. A mid-term review was conducted in 2018 and the strategic plan revised accordingly for 2018 -2022. As the strategic plan is ending in 2022, Mnazi Mmoja Hospital Management has requested WHO to provide technical and financial support to develop a new plan that will guide the hospital management and partners in improving efficiency, quality and scope of health care delivery.
Description of the duties
Under the direct supervision of the UHC-LC Team Lead and WHO Representative, the incumbent will conduct the evaluation of the existing strategic plan of Mnazi Mmoja Hospital and develop a business Plan that addresses the current challenges in delivery quality of health services to achieve the mission assigned to the Hospital. Specifically, the incumbent will:
- Conduct the desk review of relevant documents (review reports, hospital statistics and financial reports, performance and evaluation reports etc.…) that are necessary to analyse the performance of MMNH
- Collect and analyse quantitative and qualitative data (include interview of hospital management and staff, MOHSWGEC officials, Development Partners, local government authorities, clients and the community and other stakeholders) for the evaluation of the hospital strategic plan
- Based on the analysis recommend key actions that will enable Mnazi Mmoja Hospital to perform effectively as the National referral hospital (i.e. HRH, equipment, ICT, health services delivery, financing, health information etc.)
- Serve as rapporteur of the Mnazi Mmoja National Hospital strategic plan evaluation team
Prepare and facilitate consultative meetings
- To fine tune the situation analysis and the analysis of strategies to improve the quality of services and the overall performance of MMNH units.
- to gather the inputs of various stakeholders on resource mobilization strategies for the implementation of MMNH business plan
- Facilitate business plan development task force meeting
- Draft a costed business plan 2022-2027 that include a monitoring and evaluation framework and a resource mobilization strategy.
- Advanced University degree in Medicine or health related field
- Master’s in public health, business administration, public administration or equivalent, with concentration in health service organization or hospital management.
- Qualification in result-based planning, monitoring and evaluation
Desirable: Postgraduate qualification in result-based planning, monitoring and evaluation.
Essential: At least 7 years of relevant international working experience in result-based planning and evaluation of the performance of health services and public health programme;
Desirable: Working knowledge of other UN language or International NGO is an added advantage.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
High level of expertise and knowledge in the following areas:
- Health systems strengthening in developing countries
- Management of hospital
- Development and evaluation of hospital business plans and health services Strategic Plans.
- Design of tools for staff performance evaluation and incentives schemes for health professionals
- Coaching and mentoring of hospital management team for performance improvement.
Desirable: Experience in management of District and/or regional health services will be an asset
- *Producing results;
- * excellent analytical skills
- *Communicating in a credible and effective way;
- *Excellent team player,
- *Respecting culture of the host country,
- *Communicating in credible way.
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
Computer skills: word processing, power point presentation, excel and at least one database/epidemiology software.
LANGUAGE: Expert knowledge of English
PLACE OF ASSIGNMENT
- The consultant will be based in Zanzibar.
- The consultant is needed for 21 working days in October and November 2021.
- Inception report that include a Road for the entire process of evaluating the current Strategic Plan and developing a new Strategic Plan 2022-2026 for Mnazi Mmoja Hospital;
- Data collection tools for situation analysis;
- Consultative meeting and task force meeting reports
- Final evaluation report of the current strategic plan
- Approved draft of business Plan 2022-2027 for Mnazi Mmoja Hospital including a monitoring and evaluation framework and a resource mobilization plan.
- Approved draft of performance improvement plan for 2022
The remuneration for the consultancy comprises consultancy fees at P3/ Band B level, perdiem and return ticket to Zanzibar in economic class