How do job seekers use social media?
nafasi za kazi bbc, ajira bbc, job opportunity at bbc, jobs vacancies bbc, job post bbc, ajira bbc dar es salaam, country research manager job, research manager job at bbc
The post will strengthen the technical capacity of our country teams based in East Africa by:
- providing technical support to country research teams deliver research effectively in a minimum of 2- 3 countries;
- working on and delivering a capacity strengthening plan in the region in collaboration with the Senior Research Manager in London, Country Directors and research teams in each country:
- offering advice and training (where appropriate) to teams on specific areas, through country visits, online workshops, research reviews, concise written feedback and regular conversations;
- ensure quality of research, including working with the team to set up processes of data management, data analysis and field research management where necessary.
- work with countries to set up local partnerships/train freelancers to ensure research capacity on the ground.
- work closely with the wider teams in country to ensure that research is used to shape projects, the theories of change, comms frameworks and that teams are engaging with research and
- helping to build the evidence base of the sector and region – this could include working with academics on specific pieces of work.
The Ideal Candidate
The post will advise on best practice in quantitative and qualitative research methods, analysis and reporting; contribute to quality assurance processes; support relevant research partnerships; and input into business development.
- The postholder is expected to engage in, and stay abreast of, key methodological trends in the sector such remote data collection techniques, including designing mobile surveys, analysing social media metrics and other ‘big data’ and using online survey tools such as Qualtrics, as well as the use of experimental and quasi-experimental research and analysis of big data in the field of media and communication in development.
- Experience in, and enthusiasm for, capacity strengthening in research methods including complex quantitative and qualitative methods is essential for the role
- The ability to build effective working relationships and communicate technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- In depth knowledge of at least one country in East Africa, preferably with experience of working in the region
Contract type: 2 year FTC
Location: The role will be based in one of BBC Media Action’s offices in East Africa (Tanzania, Kenya, Ethiopia, Zambia) or London, UK. Applications are welcome from anyone with the existing right to work in any of these countries. The successful applicant will be employed and based in their home country, with salary set according to BBC Media Action’s pay scales in that country.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits– We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here