Most job seekers are already using social media in their job search,
Utilizing social media in your job search can help you to network with potential employers, research companies and find job postings.
If you’re not sure how to get started, join with us on social media group!
ggm jobs 2021, ggm jobs tanzania,ggm new jobs, ggm vacancy, ggm geita jobs, ggm ajira, nafasi za kazi ggm, ajira ggm, kazi za ulinzi ggm,
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Guard – Security
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Reporting to: Team Lead 1 – Security
Number of Positions: Three (3)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To make physical guarding of valuables in the Process plant, plant perimeter patrols, foot patrols inside the Process plant, escort on the delivery and emergency vehicles in the Process plant and observation.
- Ordinary level secondary school education.
- Basic security training / knowledge will be an added advantage.
- 2 years’ relevant security experience in gold mining industry.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Receiving and processing of plant visitors and contractors approved access requested
- Physical manning of the plant reception.
- Handling of plant visitors’ and contractors’ cards.
- Registering of the visitors and contractors gaining access in the Process plant.
- Conducting proper personal searching at VIP entrances.
- Enforce waybill check and filing.
- Doing proper completion of register books.
- Making routine inspection and verification of security equipment.
- Doing foot patrol and observation in the Process plant.
- Making physical guarding of valuables in the Process plant.
- Attending disciplinary cases whenever required.
- Reporting security risks for management awareness
- Compliance to the use of minimum PPEs required in the Process plant.
- Creating informers’ network in the Process plant.
- Doing security escort of skips and scrap trucks
- Escort on the delivery and emergency vehicles in the Process plant.
- Do security escorts to the visitors and contractors in the plant.
- To initiate pro activeness to the potential loss’s identification and notification.
- Adopt pro – active initiative to hazards identification and notification.
- Adopt pro – active initiative to plant disruptive operations.
- Adopt pro- active initiative to compliance to VPSHRs
- Adopt pro – active initiative to complete Take 5 when on duty.
- Attend toolbox meeting when on duty.
- As required by in-country specific legislative requirements
- No criminal record
- Must have a valid driver’s license if driving a company-owned vehicle.
- Be physically and mentally fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations / screening.
- Should be fluent in both English and Swahili communication Language skills
- Military basic training
- Basic security training skills
- Defensive Driving skills-added advantage
- Crowd control-added advantage
- Pro – active and initiative
- Should not be questionable, trustful with high integrity and committed to his/her work.
- Should be a guard who is able to maintain clean disciplinary records while at work.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY‘ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Guard – Security”
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 10th November 2021 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected]
or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com