How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
hjfmri jobs in tanzania, hjfmri, nafasi za kazi shirika la hjfmri, ajira mpya shirika la hjfmri 2021, hjfmri jobs tanzania, hjfmri job vacancy, jobs at hjfmri post, ajira hjfmri tanzania, nafasi za kazi hjfmri, hjfmri tanzania jobs
Join us in our efforts to end the HIV epidemic in Tanzania. Be part of the winning team to advance global health and save the lives of people living with HIV.
About HJFMRI Tanzania Program
HJFMRI-T provides care and treatment to people affected by HIV/ AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital to becoming a hub for antiretroviral treatment in the zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care, and treatment services. HJFMRI-T currently operates in four regions in the Southern Highlands zone, which are Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Songwe, and Ruvuma region for Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) intervention. The program also supports TPDF in implementing comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment programs in 21 sites throughout the country.
HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below.
Job Title: HIV Care and Treatment Program Officer, TPDF Program- 2 Positions
Reports to: HIV Care and Treatment Technical Advisor
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Under the supervision of the C&T Technical Advisor, the Program Officer will support the coordination and monitoring of the implementation of HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities at WRP-T supported TPDF health facilities in Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar. The Program Officer will play a key role in ensuring program activities are carried out in alignment with the current Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar guidelines. He/she will take on responsibilities in terms of providing regular supportive supervision and remediation plans for gaps identified at health facilities. S/he will assist in identifying and supporting capacity development of facility staff, as well as conducting basic M&E activities to monitor HIV care and treatment programs. The Program Officer will be based at the WRP-T, TPDF program office in Dar es Salaam with regular travel to program sites across 16 regions and Zanzibar.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with TPDF health facilities to coordinate program planning, implementation and monitoring of integrated care and treatment services, RCH/PMTCT activities, early infant diagnosis (EID), TB/HIV collaborative activities, as well as VMMC activities at facility level and through outreach activities
- Build the capacity of health care workers and facilities by performing regular supportive supervision, mentorship
- and technical assistance visits at HJFMRI supported Care and Treatment facilities in line with project objectives and MoHCDGEC guidelines and in cooperation with TPDF HQ
- Collaborate with facility staff, expert clients and community based HIV services providers to strengthen linkages of clients into care and treatment, PMTCT and EID
- Facilitate and provide overall leadership and sound advice at facility and community settings and improve client adherence to ART
- Work with the M&E team to ensure availability of M&E tools and their correct use for data recording and reporting
- Liaise with the M&E team to ensure that program components are functional (e.g. clarity of indicators, quality of M&E data collection tools, data quality and reporting)
- Ensure quality implementation, achievement of results for program activities and collaborate with other HJFMRI TPDF and SHZ program staff to ensure effective teamwork
- Timely activity and trip report writing and support technical advisors in preparation of quarterly narrative and other reports as may be required
- Perform any other assignment or duties that may be required to support the general program
- Medical Degree is mandatory from a recognized institution and must be registered with the relevant professional body in Tanzania; a postgraduate training in public health or infectious diseases will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience providing HIV/AIDS clinical care in Tanzania or previous experience working in HIV/AIDS care and treatment or research programs
- Experience and knowledge of PEPFAR program implementation
- Some knowledge of the current developments and best practices in the field of HIV and AIDS prevention
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required
- Basic competency with Computer Applications [Word, Excel, PowerPoint]
- Up to 60% travel required
Key personal competences:
- Self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and in a team setting
- Proven ability for program coordination, data analysis and report writing; ability to troubleshoot
- Dynamic, persuasive and convincing
- Excellent interpersonal Skills
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/ EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to Senior Manager, Human Resources, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya, or sent through e-mail to [email protected].
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. . Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for applying is December 15th, 2021. As detailed in the job description(s) below, those who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer