Job Opportunity at Tanganyika Christian Refugee Service, christian refugee charities, christian refugee support, Tanganyika christian refugee services, christian refugee charity Tanzania, Tanganyika christian services refugee foster care, Tanganyika christian services refugee & immigrant services, nafasi za kazi Tanganyika Christian Refugee Service,
Positions: Program officer (1Post)
Reports to: Program Manager
Job Location: Dar es Salaam (TCRS Head Quarters)
Applications Deadline: 03rd December 2021
Tanganyika Christian Refugee Service (TCRS) used to be the Field Program of the Lutheran World Federation Department for World Service (LWF/DWS), carrying out a programme of humanitarian, relief, and development activities with refugees and marginalized poor people in Tanzania. However, in 2006 the organization was localized and registered as a Local NGO in Tanzania. The Primary functions of TCRS are to carry out humanitarian, relief and development works in Tanzania. Currently, TCRS works in Humanitarian, Emergency Response, Relief, and Community Empowerment Programs with both refugees and local communities in various parts of Tanzania.
PROGRAM OFFICER (1 Post)
- The Program Officer will be responsible to the Program Manager and shall generally have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare project plans in collaboration with the Project Leaders. And ensure those plans are supporting the achievement of the TCRS strategic plan and aligned with relevant standards.
- To assist in developing staff capacity in development activities using the TCRS Community Empowerment approach and other appropriate approaches and methodologies.
- To assist in ensuring that project implementation is based on the Rights-Based Approach (RBA) and adherence to the internationally accepted standards as stipulated in SPHERE standards as well as in the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability.
- To assist in periodical reviewing, with the participation of local and international partners, the TCRS Country Strategy, and Project Documents.
- To facilitate the integration of the Country Strategy cross-cutting issues into Project Documents (PDs) for implementation.
- To explore and utilize all possible avenues of broadening the TCRS donor base.
- Prepare information to be included in for example in the TCRS annual report, website, success stories, and newsletters, donor reports, brochures, featured articles
- To do any other duty that may be assigned from time to time to her by the Programme Manager or her Designate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development, Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, and/or other related social sciences.
- Result oriented, work structured, managing various tasks at the same time while reaching the result
- Full competent using Microsoft office tools including the project management tool.
- Fluent in English and Swahili (written & spoken)
- Effective in building interpersonal relationships
- Strong in training and facilitation skills for a minimum of 10 people
- Writing convincing report
- Strong analytical skills to share proposed solutions to handle issues program progress
- Show a keen in interesting in Community Development
- Ability to analyze Program Management & Program circle as it relates to Finance Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
Attractive and basing on the Current TCRS Salary Structure
Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications and detailed CV through:
Email to: [email protected].Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated. Applicants MUST attach their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae.
Application Deadline: 03.12.2021