How do job seekers use social media?
WASH Community Empowerment officer jobs,Job Opportunity at Tanganyika Christian Refugee Service, christian refugee charities, christian refugee support, Tanganyika christian refugee services, christian refugee charity Tanzania, Tanganyika christian services refugee foster care, Tanganyika christian services refugee & immigrant services, nafasi za kazi Tanganyika Christian Refugee Service,
Positions: WASH Community Empowerment officer (1Post)
Reports to: WASH Coordinator
Job Location: Kibondo District in Kigoma Region
Applications Deadline: 03rd December 2021
Tanganyika Christian Refugee Service (TCRS) used to be the Field Program of the Lutheran World Federation Department for World Service (LWF/DWS), carrying out a programme of humanitarian, relief, and development activities with refugees and marginalized poor people in Tanzania. However, in 2006 the organization was localized and registered as a Local NGO in Tanzania. The Primary functions of TCRS are to carry out humanitarian, relief and development works in Tanzania. Currently, TCRS works in Humanitarian, Emergency Response, Relief, and Community Empowerment Programs with both refugees and local communities in various parts of Tanzania.
WASH COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT OFFICER (1 post)
WASH Community Empowerment Officer will be involved in the intervention of improving access to adequate water supply in 25 rural communities in two districts of Kibondo and Kakonko in Kigoma region through the development of sustainable safe water solutions that will ensure sustainable and resilient supply to the respective communities. The goal is to provide these communities with self-managed systems that will provide safe, reliable, and sustainable water points closer to community homes. The project will further enhance the capacities of 25 Community Based Water Supply Organizations (CBWSOs) in the respective districts through training and mentorship for sustainable management of water supply systems ensuring continued services. In this respect, the project seeks to meet the standards set out in the Government of Tanzania’s Water Supply and Sanitation Act No. 5 of 2019, which emphasizes setting up and strengthening community systems. Through these interventions, the project is expected to benefit 167,126 people (81,368 men and 85,758 women) including children and youth.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish baseline information of the (25) Community Based Water Supply and Sanitation organization (CBWSOs) in Kibondo and Kakonko districts on water revenue management,
- Water supply system management, community involvement in the operation of water supply projects, customer registration, water billing methods and techniques, and also financial management.
- Strengthen ( 25) Community Based Water Supply and Sanitation organization (CBWSOs) in Kibondo and Kakonko districts through capacity building and mentorship
- Daily Monitoring on the performance of the (25)CBWSOs
- Carry out exchange learning visits between CBWSOs.
- Conduct Peer competition and prizes giving to CBWSOs who are performing well
- Report writing and mapping
Qualification, Experience, and Competence
Bachelor degree in social studies with the Knowledge of mapping
Minimum of three (3) years working in the WASH sector with experience on CBWSOs operation in the communities:
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Self-driven, committed to the delivery of results
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of different groups in the community
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Proficiency in use of computer programs/Applications (MS Office, Internet, )
Attractive and basing on the Current TCRS Salary Structure
Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications and detailed CV through: Email to: [email protected] .Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.
Applicants MUST attach their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae.
Application deadline: 03.12.2021