serengeti breweries limited jobs 2021, nafai za kazi serengeti breweries, serengeti breweries limited vacancies, serengeti breweries jobs, ajira serengeti breweries limited, serengeti breweries vacancies, serengeti breweries jobs november 2021,ajira serengeti breweries , serengeti breweries limited tanzania
Job Description :
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve. Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits). It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the second largest listed company on the Nairobi stock exchange. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania. SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include Guinness, Tusker Lager, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Gordon’s, Bailey’s and Captain Morgan
Purpose of the Role:
- Support Operation teams to drive an integrated approach to continuous improvement via the embedding of MMS at department level. Working with operational teams to improve site performance by facilitating improvement in performance, standards and capability through the MMS change journey and delivering breakthrough performance improvements.
- Support delivery of outstanding performance in all aspects of the balanced scorecard (Safety, Quality, Environment, Asset Care, Delivery, Productivity, Cost and Morale).
- Facilitate and coach MMS improvement projects
- Provide MMS subject matter expertise, offering coaching and guidance to Tiers 1 & 2
- Role model good governance around internal and external compliance (health & safety, quality and environment)
- Advocate asset care agenda
- High level of enthusiasm and energy to drive change program
- Provide guidance and support to the ITF for effective and aligned implementation of MMS
- Actively promote and drive the implementation of MMS within department and across site
- Closely monitor and report performance and practice progress within department
- Ensures the MMS platform is optimised to support and assess the change process
- Ensure all global standards are implemented in department as applicable
- Share best practice and leverage opportunities for improvement across other sites as well as establishing understanding of how the site benchmarks with other leading Diageo sites and the external business environment.
- Ensure everyone in department understands what manufacturing excellence means, is engaged in MMS and is playing their part in delivering a world class production operation.
- Ensure that any improvements implemented are standardised and sustained within operations teams.
- Supports loss & waste assessment and problem solving activities
- Participate in and lead as required improvement projects using the DMAIC methodology.
- Interact with operations teams, site support teams and central teams.
- Supports internal trainers in the coordination and effective delivery of MMS training.
- Engage with the Daily Operational Review meetings to provide expert analysis of performance improvement opportunities
- Support the Task Forces and Shift Based teams in their deployment of MMS through their regular meetings and their communication of activities.
Excellence in Supply Chain
- Is experienced of working within the Performance Management structure of KPI’s and Tier Review Meeting Structure
- Has a proven track record in adherence to Core Process and Standards
- Demonstrates role model behaviour and coaches others to follow a consistent approach and go beyond mandatory minimum requirements
- Proactively leverages the learning curriculums and materials on Diageo Academy and other sources to continuously grow and develop in role.
- A sound knowledge of the MMS platform
- Win through Execution – Lead bold execution in a fast moving world
- Inspire through Purpose – Amplify our purpose internally and externally
- Shape the Future – Create focus and ownership for shaping Diageo’s future ambition
- Invest in Talent – Harness the full extent of Diageo’s talent and diversity
Entry level requirements – skills and experience
- Advanced formal training or further education or qualified through experience
- NEBOSH qualification
- Relevant IBD qualification (General Certificate in Spirits/Beer Packaging)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a process environment with a proven track record in managing people and or small teams, projects and cross functional team working
- Knowledge of manufacturing excellence tools and techniques such as 5S, set up time reduction, Lean six sigma, reliability centred maintenance.
- Knowledge of planning processes and optimising demand cycles.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Experience of coaching and influencing a range of stakeholders for success
- Knowledge and understanding of Continuous Improvement methodologies (DMAIC, PDCA, RCPS, SPC)
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Ability to interpret and analyse extensive data sources to identify waste and cost saving opportunities, e.g. Informance, SAP
- Track record of great engagement and communication skills
- Proficient in use of standard business (MS Office) and Diageo packages