How do job seekers use social media?
thps jobs, thps jobs november 2021, thps ajira,thps-tanzania health promotion support dar es salaam, thps tanzania,medically assisted therapy in Tanzania
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under non-governmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), The Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health (MoH) in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems for comprehensive quality health services including HIV/AIDS; Tuberculosis; prevention of GBV; reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health (RMNHCAH) services; laboratory and health management information systems (HIMS).
THPS, has been awarded by CDC/PEPFAR to implement the five (5) years project AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP). Through AFYA HATUA, THPS will deliver client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for general, key and vulnerable populations in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga regions, and contribute to the country’s epidemic control. Based on the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) National Multisectoral Strategic Framework (NMSF) IV, Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan (HSHSP) IV, and PEPFAR COP21 priorities, AFYA HATUA will extend best practices and lessons learned from THPS’s 10+ years of implementing HIV programs in Tanzania. THPS will partner with all LGAs in the 3 regions, faith-based health facilities, and community-based, key population (KP)-led organizations to achieve the project goals.
THPS is currently seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill in vacant positions for AFYA HATUA project in Dar es salaam HQ, and Shinyanga Regions:
Job Title: Medically Assisted Therapy (MAT) Program Officer
Reports to : Adult Care and Treatment Technical Advisor (TA)
Position Location: Dar es Salaam with 75 % field travel
- Lead and oversee the implementation, of MAT services under Afya Hatua Project in Pwani and Shinyanga Regions
- Provide functional and timely input in the implementation of MAT services including reporting on progress of the planned activities and expected outputs
- Provide technical support in implementation of integrated services including HIV, TB, STIs, and Hepatitis screening in line with National guidelines to people who inject drugs (PWID) and people who use drugs (PWUD)
- To collaborate with facility in charge at supported MAT clinics in needs assessment on MAT services and organize the efforts to address them including relevant skills enhancement to providers, commodities, supplies as needed in collaboration with Regional/District AIDS Control Coordinators, and Regional/ District Mental Health coordinators
- Support CBOs and CSOs in Pwani to recruit, train clients (PWID/ PWUD) for enrollment to MAT clinic
- Support establishment of psychosocial support groups of MAT clients and ensure adherence of the sessions by these clients
- To ensure timelines and accuracy of relevant MAT data as well as support strengthening of the M&E systems in collaboration with the SI Technical Advisor
- To collaborate with M&E team in analyzing and utilizing MAT data for planning, priorities and resource allocation and write reports, best practices, success stories and lessons learned for a wider dissemination
- To participate in regional and national meetings and consultations to share and disseminate THPS experience and models of MAT service integration and coordination
- To conduct mentorship to service providers on provision of MAT service in the MAT clinic
- To engage and facilitate strategic collaboration with key technical and community-based stakeholders in HIV prevention among PWID/ PWUD including, CBOs, community leaders and other IPs
- Facilitate the procurement of reagents such as clients monitoring Urine Drug Screening (UDS) kits, hepatitis B and C reagents and other supplies for daily use at MAT clinics
- Facilitate safe and ethical transportation of Methadone drugs from Drug Control and Enhancement Authority (DCEA) to Tumbi and Bagamoyo MAT clinics.
- Support, mentor and organize HIV screening and testing to MAT clients, index contacts tracing and defaulters tracing
- Lead efforts in writing technical program documents including work plans, reports best practices, success stories, lessons learned and other relevant documents as required by THPS
- Collaborate with RHMT to facilitate quarterly technical working groups (TWG) MAT meetings
- Coordinate and attend monthly performance review of progress of the provision of MAT services
- Work with CBOs/ CSOs peer educators, on awareness creation to the community on availability of MAT services in the region
- Perform others duties assigned by the supervisor
- Medical Doctor or equivalent in a recognized Institution
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or other relevant advanced degree is an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience working in MAT services as part of comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience of working with LGAs and civil society
- Experience working with national counterparts i.e. NACR DCEA, PORALG and participating in MAT National TWGs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and proven ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team.
The Medically Assisted Therapy (MAT) PO provides technical leadership and oversight on all MAT related services and interventions. S/He will be guided by the National Guidelines, SOPs and other relevant authorities to keep up to date with key advances in all issues related to MAT, translating into practice key program national and global priorities in MAT and HIV prevention among People Who Inject Drugs (PWID). S/He will provide substantive technical direction on MAT services and support to other field based THPS staff, key stakeholders at regional, local government authorities and Civil Society Organizations and Community based organizations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
How to apply;
Interested applicants should send an email [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by November 28th 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example:”Medically Assisted Therapy (MAT) Program Officer“.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.