Most job seekers are already using social media in their job search,
Utilizing social media in your job search can help you to network with potential employers, research companies and find job postings.
If you’re not sure how to get started, join with us on social media group!
nafasi za kazi sos village, ajira za mlezi wa watoto, sos children’s villages tanzania jobs, sos children’s villages tanzania, nafasi za kazi sos village, ajira sos village
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care and protection organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions;
Job Title: Program Officer, Alternative Care and Child Protection ( 2 Posts)
Duty station: Arusha
Reporting to: Alternative Care and Child Protection Coordinator
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Alternative Care and Child Protection Officer will be responsible for supporting in designing and implementing foster care programmes, training programmes for foster parents and ensure quality care services delivery to children of target group meet quality standards of SOS Children’s Villages and government regulations.
- Ensure that every child in care receives the highest quality of services and the best interests and well-being of every child is taken into consideration during admission, while participating in the alternative care programme and at the time of re-unification.
- Ensure all files are updated for periodic audits
- Provide support in monitoring, reporting and evaluating the budgets and provide budgetary recommendations when
- Support in designing training manual and guides on different options of alternative care implemented by SOS Children’s Village Program
- Support the Alternative Care and Child Protection Coordinator to ensure regular supervision visit to foster parents are conducted on regular basis and recommendation from audits, monitoring reports, and investigations are
- Support the Alternative Care Coordinator to identify and meet training needs of Core Care Co-workers.
- Participate in the preparation of the Strategic Plan and Annual Plan to ensure the strategic plan and annual plans are aligned with government policies and strategies on alternative care and Most Vulnerable children.
- Support to establishes and maintains a collaborative relationship with the Department of Social Welfare and Community Development
- Plan and implement community sensitization programmes on foster care parenting, protection of children in alternative care arrangements
- Support the Alternative Care and Protection Coordinator to orient and train local government leaders, community leaders and faith based organization leaders in SOS Children’s Villages Programme locations on alternative care for children in
- Recognize that child protection is everyone business, having the obligation to protect the children as per Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy.
- Conducts herself in a way that safeguards children and youth from all forms of discrimination, abuse, mistreatment and Strongly support our values and our vision that “every child grows in a family, with love respect and security”, and She will promote children’s development.
- Prepare andsubmit monthly progress report and other reports as per directives received from the direct supervisor.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- He/she must have Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Child Development, Sociology and any other related discipline.
- 4 years related experience working with NGOs
- Awareness and understanding of relevant social development issues, such as HIV/AIDS, Gender, Child rights issues, family strenghthening and good awareness on the situation of OVC at national & regional
How to apply:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit their application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 refer- ees.The candidate MUST clearly indicate the title of position applied for. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo. Closing date is 25th November, 2021. To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.