Most job seekers are already using social media in their job search,
Utilizing social media in your job search can help you to network with potential employers, research companies and find job postings.
If you’re not sure how to get started, join with us on social media group!
ajira north mara gold mine, north mara gold mine job vacancies, north mara gold mine, north mara gold mine job vacancies 2021, nafasi za kazi north mara gold mine, north mara gold mine postal address
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Safety Officer to join North Mara team. The successful candidates for this position will provide support to North Mara Team to ensure that Safety Objectives are met and are associated with the business plans and Technical, Safety & Regulatory Training for all site personnel, as well as other assigned operational tasks within areas of competency.This is a permanent role reporting to Safety Supervisor.
- Assisting in the implementation of the NMGML Occupational Health and Safety Management System at North Mara Mine.
- Assisting the implementation of ISO 45001:2018 standard at NMGML.
- Assisting the Safety First Line Leaders to ensure all North Mara Mine activities comply with the requirements of the Company Safety and Health Standards and any applicable legislative requirements.
- Providing visible and high level Safety support to all North Mara departments and Business Partners/Contractors to ensure the safe and efficient operation of North Mara Mine operations and associated infrastructure.
- Assist to maintain the nine element of Barrick Safety & Health Management System at North Mara Mine.
- Ensure all site equipment’s is being maintained and monitored via a comprehensive system which is transparent and can be audited at any time, e.g. pre-start checks, maintenance scheduling and documented fault reporting and rectification.
- Actively facilitate the Baseline/Formal Risk Assessment, JHA, FLRA processes and promote a risk management culture at North Mara Mine.
- Ensure regular safety inspections are conducted within all areas of the mine site including facilities manned by contractors.
- Assist in accident / incident investigations with the relevant supervisors.
- Facilitate accident/incident investigations as required by using company approved incident investigation analysis methodologies.
- Developing safety training packages.
- Facilitate Safety trainings to the NMGML workforce.
- Provide daily feedback report of the activities carried out to the Safety First Line Leaders.
- Prepare safety statistics on a weekly, monthly and annually basis and report trends.
- Prepare a monthly report of activities and statistics conducted during the period in an accurate and timely manner for inclusion in the site-wide monthly report.
- Conduct regular safety observations to determine the level of safety standards compliance, PPE compliance and requirements and provide safety coaching.
- Liaise with other sections within the Department to ensure integrated operation of the department and to achieve stated objectives.
- Attend relevant departmental safety related meetings as agreed/assigned by the OHS leadership.
- Ensure timely follow up of incident and other safety related corrective actions close out.
- Regularly liaise with other Departmental heads and their staff as required.
- Actively participate in the review of safe working procedures.
- Maintain a pro-active approach to all aspects of operational safety and encourage teamwork within the department.
- Encourage a teamwork approach to problem solving within the Department by practicing clear concise communication.
- Liaise with visitors where technical expertise is required and requested.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by the OHS leadership.
- Advanced level Secondary School education or equivalent.
- NOSHC certificate.
- Certificate III/IV on Occupational Health and Safety
- Minimum of 3 years mining experience.
- Must be with Underground Operation experience.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to show initiative and take responsibility for safety programs.
- Working knowledge of Safety and Health Management Systems and ISO 45001:2018.
- Experience in accident /incident investigation and reporting.
- Possession of valid Tanzania driver’s license and having Driver’s competency.
- Ability to implement plans and achieve goals.
- Ability to interact with other departments, contractors, Project Managers and safety personnel.
- Possession of good written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili languages.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Outlook.
- Hold employees accountable.
- Resilience and resourcefulness.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Being ERT member will be an added advantage.
- Analytical skills, able to think logically and clearly; Strong attention to detail
- Multitasking abilities.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Able to achieve tasks on time with minimal supervision.
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 25th November 2021.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com