How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
wwf jobs tanzania, wwf jobs 2021, nafasi za kazi shirika la wwf, ajira mpya za madereva wwf, driving jobs vacancy, nafasi za kazi za afisa manunuzi mwandamizi wwf, madereva, jobs at wwf tanzania, wwf driver jobs, jobs for wwf, wwf jobs in tanzania, wwf kenya jobs 2021, wwf jobs vacancies
Position Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Reports to: Procurement Department
Duty Station: Arusha & Dar es Salaam
I. Scope of Work
Under the supervision of the Senior Procurement Officer, the Procurement officer will take responsibility of the procurement functions of SOKNOT Transboundary Landscape / Tanzania Country Office (TCO) and other Programs under TCO. S/He will be responsible for assisting the Senior Procurement officer in execution, implementing and managing the overall procurement and related functions for WWF Tanzania. He/she will also require supporting the SOKNOT/Operations Unit in logistical support for fleet management. He /she will also liaise with the Field Office to ensure effective coordination of Procurement standards and Implementation of WWF policies and procedures across all TCO and its programs.
II. Main Duties and responsibilities
- Supervise preparation of procurement plan, budget and control of resources of the procuring unit.
- Provide guidance and leadership in the project for procurement related issuesIn coordination with the Operations Manager, Procurement Officer, create policies for procurement activities and evaluate all procurement requirements and recommends the most appropriate procurement procedures.
- Establishes and communicates purchasing policies and guidelines that effectively balance administrative burden, cost savings and risk/ability.
- Be responsible for tracking progress in reaching procurement related goals/objectives and deliverables.
- Support the functioning of the Procurement Committee and Evaluation teams.
- Help ensure timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of procurement activities and results to the management as necessary.
- Ensuring that the procurement systems are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure optimal functioning of the procurement section.
- Prepares monthly procurement reports and submit to the operations Manager for Management use.
- Ensure timely procurement based on purchase requests received from user departments and provide regular updates as stipulated in WWF SLA
- Assist in building the capacity of the Assistant Procurement Officers in terms of planning, coordination and management skills.
- Any other duties provided by the superiors/line manager.
- At least a Bachelor/Master degree in Supplies Procurement Management or related field
- Minimum of 3 year’s professional experience in procurement, supplies and logistics ideally with experience working with government and NGOs.
- Previous work experience with international organizations involved in environmental and/or community issues is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Good Computer knowledge.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong Planning and organizational skills
- Proven interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels within WWF and other external stakeholder;
- Ability to work within a multicultural environment
- Dynamic, responsive disposition, Open, adaptable, team spirit;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Optimistic, Engaging, Determined and Knowledgeable.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
Additional information, including Terms of Reference, can be obtained through web address: https://www.wwf.or.tz/jobs_and_opportunities/jobs/. Applications must include a complete Cover Letter & CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the People & Culture Manager, via email to: [email protected] by Friday 03rd December 2021 at 4:30 pm. Indicate the name of the position & location on the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the interviews will take place in Dar es Salaam & Arusha.
WWF is equal opportunity Organizations.