ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Team Lead 1 – Security
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Reporting to: Senior Officer – Product Control
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To lead a security shift in the process plant and assist the security Senior Product Control Officer on Process plant security related activities.
- Ordinary level secondary school education.
- Basic security training / knowledge will be an added advantage.
- 2 years’ relevant security experience in gold mining industry.
- Experience in gold processing plant security will be an added advantage.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Deployment of subordinates as required.
- Enforce discipline and smartness (Uniformity)
- Enforce compliance to the standard operational procedures (SOPs)
- On job training of subordinates.
- Compiling shift reports.
- Enforce proper waybill checks and filing.
- Proper completion of register books.
- Loading of complaint and attending disciplinary cases whenever required.
- Conduct Planned Task Observation and on job training to subordinates.
- Complete Take 5 when on duty.
- Targeted surveillance and observations.
- Enforce proper access control when on duty.
- Perimeter protection and patrols.
- Enforce proper personnel and vehicles searching.
- Enforce proper use of minimum PPEs as required.
- Enforce proper skip inspection.
- Develop reliable informers network system.
- Participate fully in the bullion shipment exercise.
- Escort and delivery and emergency vehicles in the Process plant.
- Escort visitors and contractors visiting the Process plant.
- Enforce pro – active initiative compliance to potential losses identification and notification.
- Initiate hazards identification and notification.
- Conduct Plant security disruptive operations.
- Conduct security risk assessment.
- As required by in-country specific legislative requirements
- No criminal record
- Must have a valid driver’s license if driving a company-owned vehicle.
- Be physically and mentally fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations / screening.
- Should be fluent in both English and Swahili communication Language skills
- Military basic training
- Basic security training skills
- Firearm handling
- Basic Computer skill
- Leadership skills and communication skills
- RRU training-added advantage
- Preliminary Investigations skills added advantage
- Defensive Driving skills
- Crowd control added advantage
- Create good environment for guards that can support and promotes motivation, trust, commitment, and honesty whilst at work.
- To ensure that guards are maintaining clean disciplinary records while at work.
- Social Competencies that is social awareness and social relationship
- Ability to identify security critical hot spot area and threat
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY‘ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Team Lead 1 – Security”
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 10th November 2021 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com