stanbic bank jobs, stanbic bank jobs 2021, stanbic bank jobs 2021,nafasi za kazi stanbinc bank 2021, ajira mpya stanbinc bank 2021, stanbic bank job application, stanbinc bank jobs opportunity, stanbic bank online job application, stanbic bank botswana vacancies 2021, stanbic bank career portal, stanbic bank tanzania jobs, stanbic bank tanzania job opportunities, stanbic bank tanzania career, stanbic bank teller jobs
Job ID: 59892
Job Sector: Banking
Region/State/Province/District: Dar es Salaam Region
Location: Dar es Salaam
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
Manage and direct staff in the Recoveries function to ensure the effective and efficient recovery of the total arrears across all portfolios and achieve deliverables in terms of agreed strategy; develop and maintain relationships with other functions of the Bank as well as other stakeholders.
Credit Risk Management
- Establish a centralised, integrated, and seamless Recoveries model that supports the business objectives of the Credit function.
- Ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory, and supervisory requirements, to protect the reputation of the bank and to avoid legal action/sanction in respect of regulatory compliance matters.
- Report any breaches and exposures to the business unit head and/or the Regulatory Compliance Officer.
- To design, implement, monitor and maintain a long-term strategic plan for Recoveries, together with a short, medium- and long-term execution framework to support this vision.
- Create and sustain a core competency in strategic Recoveries methodologies that enables sound collections management.
- To manage and control Recoveries strategies and campaigns within the Recoveries environment with the aim of maximising Recoveries effectiveness and efficiency.
Ensure that the correct level of specific debt provision is raised in line with regulatory requirements and the bank’s internal procedures, as well as ensuring that all set targets for the reduction/recovery of debt are met.
- Control and maintain provision adequacy at the correct levels.
- Reduce forward, roll rates and prevent accounts from moving into impairment bearing brackets.
- Manage and give input to system developments, costs and Collection strategies through the introduction of best practice and maintaining appropriate and uniform Rehabilitation and Recoveries policies and practices across all portfolios.
- Monitor adherence to internal controls and enhance procedures, in need.
- Accountable for collection rates to be maintained at an agreed percentage of gross monthly average assets under management.
- Accountable for the net Income Statement charge to be managed within agreed budget in relation to total performing assets.
- Undertake comprehensive business and financial assessments on identified businesses and/or accounts and make remedial proposals based on the available information.
- Operate within delegated authority levels, and ensure that incumbents within the department also have sufficient mandate levels to ensure efficient business operations.
- To utilise all rehabilitative strategies in addressing deteriorating risk accounts.
- Ensure repossession of any financed items where deemed necessary in protection of the bank’s interests and ensure that laid down repossession procedures are followed.
- Maintain a high level of customer service.
- Any ad-hoc function delegated by the Manager R & R.
- Ensure that all monthly, quarterly and annual credit risk, non-performing loan and other statutory returns/reports are properly prepared, signed off and submitted within set deadlines.
- Control and monitor the outsourced recovery process.
- Peruse Internal Audit reports and ensure that any shortcomings highlighted with regard to Recoveries have been sufficiently addressed.
- Establish an effective Recoveries team, ensuring that all the required functions are adequately and timely addressed.
- Ensure capacity planning and succession planning is in place.
- To assist R & R Manager with the implementation of HR policies and people management practices such as performance management.
- Ensure that Recoveries team is competent, trained and that the correct, structure culture and leadership qualities are introduced and maintained.
- Increase awareness amongst staff of any statutory governance or legislation that is applicable to the Recoveries environment through appropriate training and accreditation interventions.
Partnership Build a sound and effective partnership model with the Manager R & R and other Leaders in Bank.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Business Commerce (B.Com), General Management.
- Sound and thorough knowledge of Credit risk management policies and procedures.
- Ability to identify adverse trends and implement corrective tactics timeously.
- Sufficiently computer literate to understand how systems can be leveraged to optimize business returns.
- Knowledge and understanding of the regulatory environment governing financial services in the Personal and Business Banking markets.
- Sound project management skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment in resolving problems appropriate to the position.
- Ability to work within a matrix structure whilst holding responsibility for the outcomes.
- Excellent knowledge of collection systems and strategies.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of HR policies/procedures and labour relations.
- 3 – 5 years experience in managing a Rehabilitation and Recoveries unit.
- 3 – 5 years experience in a Retail risk management environment.
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on
CLICK HERE TO APPLY