How do job seekers use social media?
Transalator Jobs at AUMS 2021, AUMS Jobs in Tanzania 2021, Nafasi za kazi AUMS, aums mining tanzania, aums geita gold mine address, aums mining geita jobs
Transalator Jobs at AUMS 2021 | AUMS Jobs in Tanzania 2021
African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining. AUMS is part of Perenti (Formerly the Ausdrill Group), an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider.
We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with Barminco we operate across Africa in Tanzania, Egypt, Ghana, Botswana and Burkina Faso and in Australia and Canada.
We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients.
In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment and technology. We look forward to receiving your application for the following positions.
JOB TITTLE; Translator
Geita Gold Mine, Geita
To interpret written and audio pieces from English to Swahili language, making sure to maintain their original meaning, format, and tone.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a safe workplace for all employees, contractors and visitors by maintaining compliance with
- Occupational Health and Safety regulations, policies & procedures.
- Read given material and research industry-specific terminology.
- Convert text and audio recordings from English to Swahili language.
- Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone.
- Prepare subtitles for videos and online presentations.
- Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and translation tools to check quality of translation.
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy.
- Follow up with internal team members and clients to ensure translation meets their needs.
- Edit content with an eye toward maintaining its original format (e.g. font and structure).
- Network with field experts to stay current on new translation tools and practices.
- To perform any other duty as may be assigned by the Project Manager or his designate.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Degree qualified in either Translation/lnterpreting/ Languages or similar field.
- Additional certification in Linguistics is a plus
- Excellent Word processing skills.
- High typing skills.
- Excellent Swahili and English language skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proven work experience as a Translator, Interpreter or similar role.
- Knowledge of Underground Mining or heavy industry and Safety is highly desirable.
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors.
- Good knowledge of content editing tools.
- Familiarity with translation software.
- Time-management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines and in a multicultural environment.
- Valid Tanzanian Driver’s License.
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email [email protected]
Application letters should reach the above on or before 14th November 2021,18hr00.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AUMS(T)Limited does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately by calling +255 682 660 123 or+255 682 660 256 or+255 682 660 893.