prospect africa tanzania jobs, cv people, empower tanzania, zoom tanzania jobs, zoom tanzania, cv people africa, recruitment agencies in tanzania
Administration/ cum Librarian Officer at CVPeople Tanzania 2021
Administration/ cum Librarian Officer at CVPeople Tanzania Assigned Responsibilities
The position is to manage learning resources while keeping the library users’ needs in mind as well as attending admin tasks.
A. ADMINISTRATION 30%
- Coordinating administration tasks such as supervising staff from gardening, cleaning, security companies and consultant drivers.
- Performing day to day administration activities as assigned by the Peoples Development Manager
B. LIBRARY 70%
- Selecting, developing, cataloguing, and classifying library resources answering readers’ enquiries.
- Ensuring that library services meet the needs of particular groups of users (eg staff, postgraduate students, disabled students)
- Evaluate materials to determine outdated or unused items to be discarded.
- Compile lists of books, periodicals, articles, and audio-visual materials on particular subjects
- Develop and index databases that provide information for library users.
- Plan and participate in fundraising drives.
- Perform public relations work for the library, such as giving televised book reviews and community talks.
- Manage the acquisitions of new materials. Administration/ cum Librarian Officer at CVPeople Tanzania
- Prepare and conduct exhibitions of organization’s publications at various events such as Sabasaba, Nanenane and other Commemorations.
- Degree or Diploma or advanced studies in library science
- Diploma/Certificate in Public administration and Management Information computing technology
- Excellent oral and written English and Kiswahili.Key Competencies
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with the use of databases and the internet.
- Team working and management skills
- Assessment of resources and library users’ needs
- Presentation and verbal communication skills
- Minimum seven (5) years of relevant experience.