kilombero valley teak company contacts, kilombero valley teak company address, kvtc tanzania, kilombero valley teak company, kilombero valley teak company ltd, kilombero valley teak company jobs, kilombero valley teak company limited, kilombero valley teak company tanzania
The Kilombero Valley Teak Company (KVTC) (www.kvtc-tz.com) in Tanzania is Africa’s largest privately owned teak forest and timber business. It is Tanzania’s biggest exporter of timber products. To enhance this status and improve its performance, KVTC is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Boilermaker/welder.
This position is for a hands-on skilled Boilermaker/welder with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a high-pressure manufacturing environment in a deep rural area.
1. POST TITLE: Boilermaker/Welder
- The Boilermaker/Welder reports to the Workshop Manager (WM), KVTC
The overall objective of the skilled Boilermaker/Welder to cut and join metals and other materials at our facilities or Company sites. You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. Your job is important as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure. A boilermaker must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
The responsibilities of the Boilermaker/welder include (but is not limited to):
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welde
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Fabricate steel structures and components as and where requires
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
The position is a member of the company’s workshop support team. It will however be expected of the incumbent to play, where appropriate, a pro-active role in assisting and advising the all departments on metal works.
- A Tertiary qualification in boiler-making with a strong exposure to all methods of welding.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar or related role in a similar position.
- Strong knowledge of panel beating, painting and use of a metal lathe machine will be beneficial.
- A practical test may be required to verify the abilities of the applicant.
Mavimba, Morogoro Region in Tanzania. This position is for Tanzanian Nationals only. The
successful candidate must relocate to Mavimba.
Applicants should email their CV, copies of certificates and application letter by the 20th
December 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org