How do job seekers use social media?
red cross job vacancies 2021, red cross tanzania jobs 2021, red cross job vacancies 2020, red cross job opportunity, red cross tanzania volunteer opportunities, trcs jobs, unhcr jobs in kigoma, tanzania red cross society address, amref tanzania jobs 2021, amref tanzania vacancies, nafasi za kazi 2021 dar es salaam, microfinance jobs in tanzania, nafasi za kazi home construction company limited, nafasi za kazi tra march 2021, jobs portal tanzania, nafasi za kazi ako group 2021
TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by the Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 and amended by the Parliament of Tanzania in 2019. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office is located in Dar es Salaam.TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY
The Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by the Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 and amended by the Parliament of Tanzania in 2019. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office is located in Dar es Salaam.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable national partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions of Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women out of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, TRCS receives supports from a broad range of partners, including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red Cross-Flanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the Chinese Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are ENABEL, UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM and Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies in Health Services sector.
COMMUNITY MOBILIZER (1 POSITION)
Duty Station: Kigoma Region
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Age Limit: Not Above 45Years
- Manage the health-related part of “Defending the right to quality maternal and child health in Uvinza DC (Kigoma, Tanzania)”
- Design the content of the activities planned in the project considering the local government priorities and the national guidelines.
- Design, schedule, organize and implement the activities planned in the project respecting the timeline formulated.
- Design, organize, implement and monitor together with the Community Health Workers and the Spanish Health Delegate, health prevention and promotion activities and materials to raise awareness on reproductive health-related issues, such as:
- Antenatal and postnatal care services.
- Breastfeeding o Family Planning.
- Women empowerment in health-related decision making. o Safe sex practices.
- Sexually transmitted diseases: prevention, early detection and reaction.
- Healthy nutrition practices.
- Select the Community Health Workers, together with the Project Manager, in close communication with the District Health Promotion Officer
- Coordinate, monitor and support the Community Health Workers involved in the project. The person in charge will be responsible of distributing the volunteers in order to cover all the geographical area of Uvinza district. Furthermore, he/she will ensure that every volunteer submits a report of their activity on a monthly basis.
- Submit progress reports regularly and share them with the Project Manager
- Analyse the data collected by the Community Health Workers monthly
- Ensure the achievement of the objectives and results of the project by monitoring closely the indicators formulated. The person selected will have to be aware of the sources of verification of the indicators and ensure their collection on time.
- Ensure ethical, gender-based and environmental approaches throughout the execution of the project.
- Plan and conduct regular supervision visits to the field. Conduct site checks to monitor progress and quality standards.
- Attend meetings with Local Government Authorities and/or Civil Society institutions in order to improve the reproductive health services in the region.
- Identify key partners in the area and sector, meet them and suggest partnerships that could strengthen the project and/or the National Health System.
- Be updated in health-related issues, especially in the ones concerning reproductive health and nutrition.
- Review the quality of the work on a regular basis with the Project Manager to ensure that it meets the project’s standards.
- Manage both the material and human resources needed for the development of the activities.
- Act always according to the code of medical deontology, respecting privacy and keeping the maximum confidentiality concerning health issues of every individual involved in the project.
- To be the custodian of TRCS property in the area of operation.
- Manage other duties assigned from time to time by superiors.
- Minimum qualifications: Diploma in Nursing or Diploma in Clinical Medicine.
- At least 3 years of experience working in the field of health
- Community and social skills to mobilise the community
- Understand the meaning and purpose of sensitization campaigns.
- Have an excellent knowledge of relevant national and regional rules, regulations and guidelines regarding reproductive health and nutrition services.
- Conflict resolution and conflict management ability.
- Excellent time management ability.
- Ability to multitask with a strong understanding of core logistic duties.
- Have excellent communication skills and interpersonal abilities, including negotiation skills.
- Problem solve skills
- Evaluate risks and report accordingly.
- Know the Red Cross Movement and act according to the seven principles at all times.
- Fluent in Swahili and English
- Ability to use computer software package (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook ü Knowledge of basic agriculture techniques is advantage.
- Female candidates highly encouraged to apply