How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
msf tanzania jobs 2021, msf jobs 2021, médecins sans frontières tanzania address,field communications meaning, msf volunteer, how to apply for msf jobs, www.msf.org vacancies 2021, msf vacancies 2020, requirements to work for msf
JOB VACANCY – FILED COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Title: FIELD COMMUNICATION MANAGER
Duration: 12 months (Fixed Term Contract) – Full-time position (100%)
Starting date: 17th of January 2022
Direct Reports: HEAD OF MISSION – COMMUNICATION MANAGER REFERENT BASED IN HQ
Location: DAR ES SALAAM (with regular field visits to other regions in the country)
FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Degree in Journalism, Communications, Humanitarian affairs, Political Sciences, or related University degree
- Previous working experience of at least 2 years in communications, journalism or public relations
- Previous working experience in producing communications content production
- Experience with MSF or other international NGOs in developing countries and within an international environment will be a plus
- English and Swahili (speak, read and write)
Objectives of the position:
- To define, implement, coordinate and supervise all operational communication activities according to MSF standards in the mission/ or during an emergency
- To aim at building MSF visibility, acceptance, and leverage inside the country
Main competencies and knowledge:
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and digital media)
- People Management, Commitment, Flexibility, Results-oriented, and Teamwork
- Strategy Building
- Defines the communications strategy for the mission, advising on public positioning and remaining reactive to emergencies and crisis communications.
- Promotes the visibility of the organization, improves awareness of its principles and work, reinforces information on MSF activities among communities.
- Identify key cross-cutting issues across MSF operations that are relevant to communications and to advise on public positioning.
- Develop guidelines for dealing with crisis communications through local media and have the capacity to remain reactive to emergencies.
- Media Management / Alert
- Maintains close contact with key local media.
- Liaises with communications staff from other organizations/institutions and analyzes communication lines developed by actors of importance for MSF (authorities, other NGOs…).
- Facilitates media visits to MSF projects and organizes media events (press conference, …) in collaboration with MSF’s international communication network.
- Briefs spokespersons and assesses media training needs for key staff.
- Produces strategic reports on the local media landscape and regularly reports on new developments.
- Provides guidance on how to deal with local media and develops guidelines for dealing with in-country media.
- Organize exhibitions and other awareness-raising campaigns such as photo exhibitions for MSF publicity.
- Content Production
- Advises on which communications tools to choose according to objective, message, and audience at local and national levels. Produces local communication content (leaflets, brochures, posters, radio spots, articles, photos, videos.) according to strategy and budget.
- Helps produce international communication content by providing data, testimonies, pictures, videos, and other means to the com officer in charge of writing international comms contents at headquarter level.
- Tracks and archives communications production on the country to build institutional memory.
- Content Diffusion
- Actively promotes the diffusion of MSF content in the country. Identifies communications opportunities using MSF comms network production or returning staff to pitch content on MSF activities in the country.
- Uses social media (Twitter, blogs, Facebook….) to promote MSF content and visibility.
- Produces regular reports on achieved results and future priorities.
Produce a yearly communications budget meant to support identified and agreed communication priorities. This budget will be submitted for approval to the Head of Mission(s) and coms department at HQ.
- Defining, implementing, and coordinating all MSF advocacy activities, including responsibility for drafting advocacy strategies addressing medical-humanitarian priorities in relation to mission needs.
- Ensure that advocacy components are included in project and mission operational strategies.
- Supervise the quality of field-level data collection for operational and advocacy purposes.
- Monitor and compile regular updates on humanitarian aid system dynamics (NGO/Donor planning) to increase the leverage capacity and the national impact of MSF lobbying in line with operational plans, regular activities, and medical-humanitarian advocacy objectives.
- Draft ad hoc lobbying points and internal/external reports in relation to main medical-humanitarian concerns while strengthening the integration of humanitarian affairs and operational communications.
- Advises on perception related to positioning and operational strategy with a view on increasing local/national visibility and ensuring good acceptance for MSF projects/presence.
- Drafts situation reports for mission/HQ and reports for external use in line with mission advocacy strategy.
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, supporting documents (copies of diplomas) and phone number to HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, P.O.BOX 4493, Masaki, Dar es Salaam
or send through MSFCH-Tanzania-[email protected].
Please make sure the subject of your email will be:
FIELD COMMUNICATION MANAGER – APPLICATION
The deadline for the submission of applications is at 4 PM on 23/12/2021
Only applications in English will be considered
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted