How do job seekers use social media?
food science and technology jobs in tanzania, nafasi za kazi restaurant 2021, laboratory technician jobs in tanzania 2021, nafasi za kazi food product, nafasi za kazi food, nafasi za kazi za restaurant dar es salaam, ajira za food science, biotan group limited tanzania
Job Title: Food Processing Quality Control Technician
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above vacant position.
BIOTAN GROUP LIMITED is a processor and exporter of Organic Cashew Nuts. We are working with smallholder farmers and groups as the supplier of cashew nuts to our processing facility.
Our farmers are certified organic according to EU and NOP regulations. Our processing facility is based in Dar es Salaam, Mbagala Industrial Area.
BIOTAN GROUP LIMITED is a company that is dedicated to organic and ethical business practices as well as to developing a sustainable enterprise that manages a value chain for organic farming products (cashew nuts) from Tanzania.
The Food processing quality control technician will be responsible for inspecting and testing the raw materials and products (before, in-process, and final) to make sure they meet with BIOTAN´s Quality and Food Safety Specifications which are oriented along with international food standards. All our products are Organic certified according to European and North American regulations.
People in these positions need to be detail-oriented, willing to keep excellent records and have good communication skills.
The Quality Control Technician enables conformance to specification through the verification of quality control protocols and/or monitoring of sampling and testing plans applied to packaging and product.
You will work in close cooperation with the Supervisors to collect production-related information.
Your strong software skills in MS Excel will help you to ensure proper data documentation and records keeping as well as to make in-depth data analyses and prepare daily/weekly/monthly and seasonal reports.
You are responsible for the reduction of food safety incidents and non-quality costs by the immediate escalation of any out of conformance condition detected during verification activities.
Also, in this role, you will support the maintenance of quality knowledge and skills required through the training of Production Team Members.
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Experience within a manufacturing environment and/or previous quality control experience in a food-related industry.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes from hot to cold, dust
- Data collection and analyses of production data from different departments
- Responsible for shift-based quality verification or monitoring activities for packaging and finished product
- Verify conformance of finished product and/or in-process for sensory attributes and participate in site sensory panels
- Verify conformance of finished product attributes and product defects following quality approved standards and procedures (UNECE, AFI)
- Verify proper execution of packaging and labeling to ensure correct packaging is used and product traceability is not compromised
- Verify scale calibration accuracy
- Provides quality-related information to operators to enable quality control activities.Escalate to process areas any out of conformance incidents and collaborate in troubleshooting providing all information needed on product quality attributes until process and product are back in control and this will include sending out daily reports on quality verification checks
- Identify and isolate out-of-specification materials, including placing the product on hold, initiating non-conformances, and escalating to the correct associates.
- They are expected to collaborate closely with the material handling area to ensure all non-conforming products are captured in the house
- Support/lead calibration program activities to ensure overall QMP compliance.
- Verifies that procedures to complete quality-related documentation are properly executed and information in the records is complete
- Provides coaching and training to associates to ensure proper QMP understanding, execution of quality control protocols, data accuracy, and proper record management control
- Develop a HACCP team and Internal Auditors group to support quality and food safety continuous improvement program
- Develop and conduct programs of sampling and analysis
- Assist in developing and conducting sampling and analysis
- Assist in the development of standards, health, and safety measures (HACCP, BRC)
- Compile records and interpret experimental or analytical results
- Accurate and attention to details
- Ability to understand quality control functions
- Ability to communicate effectively with production teams, quality departments of our clients, and external analyses labs
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to work in high stress and pressure environment
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments and workloads
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multitask while performing under time constraints
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Able to work with and calibrate tools such as scales, pressure testers, and thermometers
- General understanding of Food Safety
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to determine colors
- Apply before Friday, December 24th, 2021
Please Send Your CV and Application to Email: [email protected]