How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently recruiting a Technical Writer who will support a CDC-funded program titled “Strengthening the Government of Tanzania’s Capacity to Develop, Implement, and Use Digital Health to Achieve HIV/TB Epidemic Control through Interoperable Information Systems, Governance, Quality Improvement, and Workforce Support under PEPFAR”. The project’s goal is to increase the ability of health information systems (HIS) to support high-quality patient-centered services, data quality, and subsequent use at all levels to achieve current and emerging health sector objectives.
The project will work closely with the Government of Tanzania (GOT) and health system stakeholders to organize the building, implementation, and scale-up of Tanzania’s HIS and manage vendors/sub-partners to support the evolution and integration of the national HIS. The project will increase ability of systems to support use of data from linked systems, support patient-centered clinical services, and use of data for monitoring and programmatic decision-making.
The Technical Writer will be responsible for gathering, analyzing, documenting business process requirements and process mapping. They will be responsible for translating business needs into actionable specifications or products, contributing to the deployment and liaising with the team to ensure developed products to fulfil end-user needs. The Business Analysts will report up to the Architecture and Systems Analysis Lead and be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop clear, compelling technical documentation including implementation guides, roadmaps and technical reports.
- Support documentation of standards, guides, and policy frameworks for digital health interventions (e.g., HL7 FHIR).
- Maintain document-related repositories (e.g., meeting minutes, technical deliverables, etc.) and document management processes.
- Use PATH tools and systems as needed for project planning, tracking, and reporting.
- Be responsive to client and PATH requests for technical updates, presentations, and information requests.
- Contribute to preparation of ongoing weekly briefs, quarterly project reports and present briefings on proposed and ongoing activities.
- Support trainings, webinars, meetings, connectathons, interoperability labs, etc. c29JAKV DHBJvp
- Advise on standards, documentation and other activities to accelerate reuse and adaptation of existing global goods.
- Contribute to development and tracking of project work plans, timelines, milestones, resource allocation, and deliverables associated with assigned projects.
- Other areas as directed by the CDC Principal Investigator and Project Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or similar subject, or similar / proven work experience.
- 5 years of experience working in health information technology/informatics and business process documentation including system requirements and designs, enterprise architecture, hosting diagrams, business process flows, data flows, Gantt charts.
- Experience developing workshop summaries, assessment reports, business plans, or similar reports and presentations.
- Advanced document creation, collaboration and management skills including the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Visio or equivalent business process modelling notation (BPMN) skills. Familiarity with IHE and/or HL7 documentation processes is highly desired.
- Excellent English oral, written, and presentation skills including examples of report writing and/or presentations to be submitted with application.
- Must be able to communicate and engage effectively with both informational communication technology professionals, health sector and management-level professionals, and be able to facilitate communication between these
- Experience working with remote teams.
Must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, or political ideology.
Job Location Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of Company Location Tanzania, Dar es Salaam Position Type Full-Time/Regular