The Private Agricultural Sector Support (PASS) Trust is looking to recruit a competent, qualified person to fill a position
of Internal Auditor.
The workstation shall be at the Trust’s Head Office in Dar es Salaam, with some travel outside Dar es
JOB POSITION: Intern Auditor
The Internal Auditor will be assisting the Manager Internal Audit on audit functions as well as on risk and compliance
He/she will report to the Internal Audit Manager.
On audit functions he/she will be assisting on preparing and implementing audit plans to assess, report on, and make
suggestions for improving the Trust’s business, operations and governance practices.
He will be assisting on formulation of audit programs, assigning and directing resources to complete audit plans as
scheduled, writing internal audit reports and conducting follow-up audits.
Essential Duties will include to:
Objectively review the Trust’s business, governance (includes policies?), and its operating processes
Evaluate the efficiency of risk management procedures that are in place
Ascertain whether the Trust is complying with internal policies and external relevant laws and statutes
Make recommendations on how to improve internal controls and governance processes
Review and evaluate Information Technology system controls, policies, and procedures
Conduct business efficiency audits (management audits)
Prepare and administer an annual audit plan.
Plan and audit operations to assess controls, operational efficiencies and compliance with policies, procedures,
Maintain a comprehensive system for recording all audit plans, work papers, findings, reports, and follow-up audits.
He/she will be coordinating activities relating identifying and documenting risks the Trust is vulnerable to and identifying
existing controls, implementing, and documenting new internal controls, and establishing an internal monitoring function as
well as assessing the Trust’s compliance with such controls.
The responsibilities include to:
Facilitate and ensure risks are assessed and risk management strategies are developed.
Ensure risk management guiding documents (risk management framework, risk management manual, risk
registers, business continuity plan and disaster recovery pan) are developed, updated and kept current all the times.
Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
Discuss emerging compliance issues with management or employees.
Collaborate with human resources unit to ensure the implementation of consistent disciplinary action strategies in
cases of violation of compliance requirements.
Advise internal management or business partners on the implementation or operation of compliance programs.
Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies, or procedures.
Raise violations of compliance or regulatory standards to the manager of internal audit.
Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards.
4.0. The Person
Minimum Job Requirements
• A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with active membership, and member of Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree from a reputable higher learning institution
• Working experience of at least 8 years of post – professional qualification, in a busy environment such as banks and
• Demonstrable experience in handling risk management and compliance functions.
• Experience with auditing in a big four firm will be an added advantage,
4.2. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Knowledge of internal auditing policies, standards, and procedures.
• Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing
new strategies and procedures.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Ability to provide technical guidance and training to others.
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
• Employee development and performance management skills.
• Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
• Ability to develop and implement audit plans and schedules.
• Knowledge of accounting procedures, laws, regulations, and standards.
• Ability to persuade and influence others.
• Understanding of IT control environment.
Persons with these qualifications should apply in confidence.
Application letters, attached with detailed CVs, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials as well as list and contacts
of three referees, should be sent by registered mail to
Managing Director, PASS Trust, Fourth Floor, Patel Building, Kisutu
Street, P. O. Box 9094, Dar es Salaam or by email to [email protected].
Deadline for receiving applications is 31st December 2021.
PASS Trust is an equal opportunity employer. Females are strongly encouraged to apply
New 139 Jobs Vacancies at Judicial Service Commission Jobs Vacancies at Judicial Service Commission, The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) in…
100 Bancassurance Direct Sales Staff Jobs at NMB Bank PLC Are you looking for Bancassurance Direct Sales Staff Jobs, nmb…
CBU Project Lead Jobs at Vodacom Tanzania PLC Vodacom Tanzania PLC is a leading mobile network operator in Tanzania. The…
New Jobs Opportunities at Firm 23 Ltd New Jobs Opportunities at Firm 23 Ltd, Firm 23 Ltd use technology to…
Content Creation Executive at Mwananchi Communications Limited Mwananchi Communications Limited, a subsidiary of Nation Media Group, and publishers of Mwananchi,…
Executive Assistant at African Fibres Tanzania Limited African Fibres Tanzania Limited (AFT) is a leading textile manufacturing company located in…