How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
Job Opportunity at United Nations Association of Tanzania
Background The Tanzania National CSOs Platform for Sustainable Development was founded in April 2015 following a multi stakeholder’s workshop on the transition from MDGs to SDGs held by the United Nations Association of Tanzania in partnership with Africa Philanthropic Foundation. One of the key outcomes of the workshop was the recommendation to establish a civil society platform to facilitate the coordination of civil society organizations in Tanzania on sustainable development issues, and offer a platform for engagement with the government, United Nations, and other development partners and stakeholders. United Nations Association of Tanzania and Africa Philanthropic Foundation co-convened the established of the platform. The Platform is part of the National Coordination Mechanism for Sustainable Development which is established by the Ministry of Finance and Planning. Under this role the platform has coordinated CSOs reporting in the National Voluntary Reviews and contributed to the Country report as well as coordinated CSOs contribution to the Five Years Development Plan in 2020. The platform is voluntary and open platform for civil society organizations in Tanzania to come together, self-organize and self-coordinate to ensure their meaningful participation and contribution towards the implementation, follow-up and monitoring of Sustainable Development in Tanzania. The platform is part of the Africa Civil Society Working Group (AWG) – www.africapost2015.org.
POSITION TITLE: Youth Program Officer Intern (Paid)
Term: 6 months with possibility to extend for 12 months
Age: Under 30 years old.
Education: University degree in a relevant field
- To support implementing the youth-focused projects at national and local levels
- To produce and disseminate monthly reports / info chats
- To support the day-to-day management of youth programs
- To assist in organizing events and activities
- To assist in documenting activities and case studies from beneficiaries
- Any other responsibility assigned by supervisor
- Ensure that activity plans are developed/submitted in time
- Draft activity reports to contribute to the quarterly and annual project reporting deliverables and flag challenges and other key concerns
- Support drafting of interest stories, lessons learnt and share with senior management. Qualification and Skills Required: Evidence of understanding of and commitment to youth development as well as other vulnerable populations
- Effective Communication
- Some understanding of youth development context
- Events Coordination •
- Reporting • Computer (Excel, word, powerpoint) • Facilitation Personal skills and attributes: • Passionate for youth development and participation • Innovative and critical thinker Education Requirement: No Requirements Job Experience: No Requirements
Job application procedure
SEND A CV AND A COVER LETTER TO: [email protected]
DEADLINE: 10th December 2021
Female candidates are highly encouraged for these vacancies.