Purpose of Role:
To identify risks associated with business objectives and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate those risks in order to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
JOB POSITION: Internal Auditor
Duties & Accountabilities
• Participate in opening meetings with client to explain the scope and objectives of the audit engagement to client and provide an overview of all steps in the audit process
• Develop a thorough understanding of business processes in scope for assigned audits and document the processes in flowcharts and/or process narratives. Identify and document inherent risks and controls within the business processes
• Prepare engagement budget.
• Assist the ICT auditor to identify risks and Data analytics requirements for engagements.
• Develop a risk-based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and DCB internal audit methodology.
• Perform audit tests and prepare working papers in accordance with professional IIA standards and IA methodology.
• Evaluate the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives. Identify and document control and process weaknesses in the audit system and provide evidential support for findings
• Propose practical and value-added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies
• Organize and reference work papers for review by Manager, Internal Audit in the audit system.
• Participate in preliminary meetings with client at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues.
• Assist in the preparation of a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the branch/department and senior management.
• Ensure timely review of the audit report.
• Contributes to the safeguarding of corporate assets and the interests of Members by ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively
• Perform consulting services for management through participation in projects designed to introduce new and/or changing processes, products or facilities. Provide value added recommendations to mitigate both project and end state risks
• Develops and maintains effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization, including Senior Management and Audit Committee of the Board
• Conducts investigations of suspected internal fraud when requested.
• Perform other duties as directed by the Audit Manager or CIA.
Qualifications and Experience/skills Required:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, IT or Data Science.
• Fresh graduate
• Possession of professional qualification such as CPA, ACCA CIA, CISA will be an added advantage.
• Excellent communication skills
• Accuracy and attentive to details
• Organisation and time-keeping skills
• Ability to assess and evaluate risk, plus implement solutions
• Excellent reporting skills
• The ability to think objectively
• Experience in Data Analytics and use of TeamMate Audit Software will be an added advantage.
Barriers to Success in Role
• Lack of analytical skills
• Lack of integrity
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV, photocopies of academic certificate, and names of three referees with their contacts, quoting reference number on both the application letter and envelope. Applications should be submitted to the address below.
DCB Commercial Bank PLC
DCB House, Magomeni Mwembechai
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]
The Deadline for Receiving Applications is December 24, 2021