Job Vacancy at MDH Pharmacist (4 Posts) – Dar es salaam
MDH in collaboration with Dar es Salaam City Council; Temeke, Kinondoni, Kigamboni and Ubungo Municipal Councils Together with Amana, Mwananyamala and Temeke Regional Referral Hospitals invites suitable candidates to apply for the following posts
Pharmacist (4 Posts)
Location: Dar Es Salaam City Council, Kinondoni, Temeke and Ubungo
Reports to: Facility In-Charge
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Making sure that the storage and dispensing area is clean, safe and conforms to laws governing pharmacy and pharmaceuticals.
- Projecting consumption estimates for each drug item on Monthly basis.
- Making order of drugs from main store of your respective district store according to anticipated Monthly requirements by filling authorized tools i.e. ordering and requisition voucher.
- Receiving deliveries and counterchecks and sign off all drug deliveries.
- Keeping records of all receipts and issues. Maintain bin card for each item and keep a running balance.
- Storing, distributing and controlling the stock and ensures uninterrupted supply of drugs at all times by ensuring Max-Min stock level of 2/1 Month at all times
- Redistributing the nearly expiring drugs to sites that can consume them before the expiring dates.
- Controlling and separating immediately the damaged and expired drugs from the shelves/cupboard and keep all set aside for destruction.
- Monitoring prescriptions from dully authorized prescribers for appropriateness and discrepancies.
- Dispensing/refilling all prescriptions.
- Providing medication adherence counseling to patients.
- Maintaining records of all drugs issued to patients to dispensing register, paper based and or software.
- Preparing and submitting monthly drugs consumption report which includes stock level and number of patients on ARVs per regimen to district Supply Chain officer before 5th of the next Month.
- Providing drugs information’s to patients including other member of the clinical staff
- Maintaining confidentiality and keeps patient information and records secure
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the site manager
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
- Bachelor degree in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Certificate of registration from Pharmacy Board.
- A minimum of three (3) years in the field of expertise.
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication.
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email.
Applications should be submitted by 20th December, 2021 to the Human Resources Manager, MDH Sub-grantees through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: MDH does not have any recruitment agents and do not charge any fees to the interested candidates.