How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
laboratory supervisor jobs, laboratory jobs in tanzania, icap jobs tanzania,icap jobs 2021, icap tanzania jobs 2021, icap tanzania website, icap career portal, icap jobs mwanza, icap tanzania office, icap tanzania address,jobs tanzania 2021, jobs tanzania, jobs tanzania december 202, icap careers, laboratory supervisor job icap tanzania 2021, laboratory supervisor job icap tanzania pdf
Position Title: Laboratory Supervisor (1 position)
Reports to: Regional Manager
Supervises: Lab Officers
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Mwanza
Travel: Up to 50% in intervention districts outside of job location
Overall Job Function:
As the overall technical and managerial lead in the laboratory services supported in the region, the lab supervisor is responsible to coordinate implementation of ICAP-supported laboratory activities in the region across all sites. S/he will work closely with his/her regional manager, facility coordinator, VMMC supervisor, and the central technical team to ensure high-quality laboratory services in both facility and community settings.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead and mentor all staff working in the ICAP-supported laboratories in the region.
- Ensure compliance with national and international laboratory standards and best practices for program implementation to align with national guidelines and policy, protocols, SOPs, good clinical practice, and ethical/regulatory requirements.
- Lead planning and implementation of emerging strategies for laboratory service delivery in both community and facility settings in collaboration with R/CHMTs.
- Develop annual and quarterly regional work plans and supervise implementation of laboratory services.
- Liaise with regional authorities, stakeholders, and partners as ICAP’s laboratory services’ regional technical lead for supportive supervisions, coaching and mentorship to laboratory personnel and HCWs.
- Collaborate with R/CHMTs to innovate differentiated service delivery for laboratory interventions in both community and facility settings.
- Work closely with facility and community coordinator and central team to organize trainings and orientations of laboratory staff in all supported sites.
- Incorporate all necessary considerations to mitigate COVID-19 transmission risk during all phases of laboratory services.
- Work with ICAP strategic information team, regional manager, community coordinator and facility coordinator to analyze and utilize program data to inform plans, priorities, and resources allocations, write reports, best practices, and lesson learned for a wider dissemination.
- Approve lab team travel request (TAFs), travel business expense report (TBERs) in line with agreed plan at regional level in ICAP operation online system (IOO), and submit to central office timely.
- Mentor and supervise regional lab staff and HCWs regularly and frequently during lab site visits and lead regular meetings.
- Ensure adequate data collection and timely, complete, and clean reporting of regional data from laboratories to the central level.
- Strengthen collaboration with implementing partners, government authorities, and project related stakeholders for smooth implementation of activities
- Prepare regional quarterly reports on implemented project activities and dissemination to R/CHMTs.
- Performance management for supervisees including support in objective setting, conducting performance appraisal and provision of feedback in a timely manner
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in laboratory
- Required Technical Experience: Minimum 4 years’ work experience in laboratory systems with a donor-funded organization, including demonstrated experience and knowledge working in HIV programs. Must be experienced with all machines and tests used in HIV and TB settings.
- Preferred: Familiarity with PEPFAR-funded HIV programs
- Required Managerial Experience: Minimum 2 years’ supervising a multidisciplinary team of at least 5 staff in technical areas relevant to this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English required.
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint at minimum; preferred proficiency with statistical Software such as SAS and SPSS).
- Ability to provide high quality technical assistance to regional offices.
- Ability to lead and work with a diverse team.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility to work after normal working hours and on weekends with significant travel outside of duty station.
- Familiarity with Tanzanian context; fluency in Kiswahili preferred.