How do job seekers use social media?
jobs vacancy at nimri 2021, jobs vacancy at nimri tanzania, jobs vacancy at nimri, nimr mwanza jobs 2021, job vacancy in arusha, mubambe jobs, hotel jobs in mwanza tanzania, nimr apply online, hotel jobs in dodoma,nimr internship,nimr mbeya jobs
JOB POSITION: LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (1 POST)
Candidate shall be responsible for carrying out laboratory procedures according to the
laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), study protocols, national and international standards and guidelines.
The Laboratory Technician will report and work under the project principal investigator, study coordinator and the head of laboratory sciences unit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide overall management and supervision of the laboratory aspect of the project
- To collect samples, perform laboratory tests and preserve samples where relevant
- To perform quality control of laboratory procedures according to the study protocol as well as national and international standards;
- To prepare reagents and upkeep of laboratory equipment;
- To assist keeping records for Laboratory investigations;
- To comply with laboratory safety procedures, possessing adequate knowledge of instrumentation, theory, and application of new and existing tests;
- To perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by supervisors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES:
1. Holder of a bachelor of science degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
2. At least three years working experience in research setting.
3. Experience in “One Health” research focusing on snail and/or other vector borne diseases of humans and animals will be an added advantage.
4. Strong communication skills English and Kiswahili;
5. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to organize time appropriately and effectively;
6. Self-motivated; team player, able to work independently under minimum supervision
7. Strong planning and organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks for both self and the team to be able to meet requirements and deadlines;
8. The candidate should be a Tanzanian not above 45 years of age.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All applications should be enclosed with certified copies of relevant certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and names of at least two reliable referees.
Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than two weeks after the first appearance of this advert.
Applicants are also reminded to indicate reliable day time contact information. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please submit your application to:
THE CENTRE DIRECTOR,
NIMR MWANZA CENTRE,
P. O. BOX 1462,
MOBILE: 0735 318096