How do job seekers use social media?
Medical Surgical jobs, Midwifery jobs , Physiology jobs nafasi za kazi bugando 2021, jobs at bungando 2021, job vacancy at bugando 2021, medical jobs 2021, nafasi za kazi za afya,
DEPARTMENT OF MIDWIFERY AND DEPARTMENT OF MEDICAL SURGICAL
- A holder of a PhD or equivalent degree with a Master’s Degree in Nursing and a GPA of 4 or with an average of B+ grade from a recognized Institution plus a GPA of 3.5 and above from the undergraduate studies. Must be registered by respective Council/Board.
- Teaching experience of 2 years is an added advantage
ii. General Attributes
- Adherence to professional ethic
- Ability to design set, administer and supervise different assessment items
- Ability to recognize students having difficulties, intervene and provide help and support
- Ability to mark student scripts and course work assessment items and provide feedback
- Computer skills and application
- Ability to prepare and deliver own teaching materials
- Potential to be a good role model and steer students towards dedication to learning, creativity and problem solving
- Possession of sufficient breadth and depth of specialist knowledge in the relevant discipline and of teaching methods and techniques to work within own area
- Ability to carry out independent research and provide feedback and
- Ability to supervise research and other knowledge generating and development activities
iii.Duties and Responsibilities
Main purpose of the post
- Effective teaching
- Knowledge advancement through research
- Delivery of quality services; and
- Effective realisation of the institution’s mission
iv. Key Functions
- Deliver face to face teaching including lectures, small group tutorials, seminars and bedside teaching (where appropriate) across a range of backgrounds of students including undergraduates, postgraduates and Interns.
- Participate in the preparation and organization of the undergraduate and postgraduate core teaching and assessment programme including organizing journal clubs.
- Develop online teaching material and other online resources.
- Develop and implement new methods of teaching and innovative teaching methods that encourage student participation and problem solving and a content that reflects changes in research.
- Participate in curricula reform as necessary in the context of an expanding medical knowledge. taking an active part in developing new courses.
- Promote integrated teaching for medical and other students during lectures, tutorials and clinical teaching.
- Take part in the University examinations by preparing and administering exam questions, taking part in viva voce as well as marking exam papers and students’ coursework.
- Strive for the holistic development of the student by providing sound knowledge, the highest analytical ability.
- Instilling in the student the concern for ethical and moral values.
- Undertake a pastoral role – acting as academic advisor to students.
- Conduct high quality research in area of specialization and interest and actively contribute to the institution’s research profile.
- Take advantage of locally available research funds to conduct research of national priority.
- Pursue to the extent possible external funding.
- Publish at least one paper a year in high impact professional and scientific journals.
- Develop and maintain a competitive research group in a recognized area of research in health and allied sciences.
- Supervise and guide students as well as junior staff members of the Department in research projects involving health sciences.
- Develop an educational research portfolio in an area relating to local needs and study for a higher degree in medical education.
- Disseminate research findings both nationally and internationally.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other institutions of higher learning in research.
C. STUDENT AND STAFF ADMINISTRATION
- Participate actively in departmental administrative tasks in areas like student admissions, induction courses, departmental committees and faculty board meetings when called upon to do so.
- Manage and supervise junior staff in the Department and be prepared to take up the role of head of Department when called upon to do so.
- Participate in departmental, professional conferences and seminars, and contribute to these as necessary.
- Establish collaborative links outside the University with industrial, commercial and public organizations and institutions of higher learning.
- Make yourself accessible to students and make sure you are available during office hours; else your whereabouts should be known to peers/Head of Department.
- Make sure you observe University policies and procedures.
- Provide performance appraisal (or confidential) reports timely as may be requested by the department from time to time.
- Assist in identifying internal and external examiners for courses under your care.