How do job seekers use social media?
Table of Contents
legal jobs 2021, legal officer job opportunities, zoom tanzania legal jobs, legal jobs dar es salaam, new law jobs , job vacancies for lawyers
CVPeople Tanzania Jobs, The position of Legal Officer In charge will be responsible in overseeing the day-to-day activities of the Dodoma Office. The officer will also be responsible for representing the Executive Director to various meetings when the ED cannot make it due to her tight schedule. She/he will be a link between the organisation and the Government in Dodoma and neighbouring regions.
a. Administration 20%
- To oversee day to day activities at the Dodoma Branch and the Dodoma legal aid clinic.
- Also To sign and approve all petty cash at the clinic.
- To sign all correspondences at the legal aid clinic on the behalf of the Executive Director.
- Then To develop concept notes and fund raise.
b. Advocacy: 60%
- Participate and supervise the Legal Aid and identification and tapping of issues for advocacy from the legal aid clients attended.
- Organizing and attending advocacy meetings with stakeholders
- Conduct analysis of legal issues identified
- Follow up of issues where courts and justice delivery matters are concerned.
- Engage in the advocacy campaigns of the organization through media, public debates, workshops, conferences and any other such advocacy fora.
c. Litigation 20%
- Supervise and Interview referral clients and complete the relevant data sheet on all clients interviewed.
- Research on client cases, draft client papers and submit to the Legal Officers for review and case consultation.
- When necessary, appear in Court with clients and assist them for self-representation and follow up.
- Compile and maintain a register of clients serviced and report
Qualifications requirements: CVPeople Tanzania Jobs
Bachelor in Law (LLB) and the Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania with the minimum of five (5) years’ experience.
An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in law or social sciences is required
- An Extrovert with Ability to engage different Government and Non-Government stakeholders and advocate for the reform of the various issues identified.
- Ability to analyze and communicate issues of advocacy.
- Ability to identify and advise the Director in developing and implementing advocacy strategies in order to seize advocacy opportunities is required.
- Expertise or familiarity with relevant technology is highly desirable.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, including having good planning and organizing skills and ability to work under pressure are required.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about the global and local environments and how to use the media and electronic media to further advocacy goals is desirable.
- Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.