How do job seekers use social media?
1. Core Purpose
Acts in the leading role for implementing the Inclusive Eye Health (IEH) Programmes in Tanzania:
The Programme Officer is accountable for implementing IEH programme components of CBM’s Country Plan in line with the Federation strategy and in close collaboration and coordination with relevant Initiatives, fundraising team and partners. Works closely with local partners, the Government and stakeholders to ensure all CBM programming and reporting requirements and that CBM also meets its partnership commitments.
The Programme Officer will be responsible for the development of new IEH projects and programmes. He/she is expected to effectively manage a complex inclusive eye health country programme portfolio, including project development, budget management, monitoring, and evaluation; and fosters a culture of learning. Maintains country-level alliances and relationships with advocacy partners, including Organizations of People with Disabilities.
2. Main Activities
Project Planning and Development
- Organize and conduct initial and regularly updated organisational capacity assessments and/or partnership reviews, jointly develop plans to address capacity gaps, identify solutions, monitor implementation, and document learning.
- Support funding diversification strategies with partners and oversee the phase-out of partnerships through jointly prepared exit-plans with the partner
- Promote, respond to, document and share partner feedback regarding their relationship with CBM and associated partnership requirements
- Identify project opportunities with partners under CBM’s Country Plan and in line with national development plans. Lead on the rapid development of emergency response projects with partners in the event of a natural or man-made disaster.
- Guide and coordinate joint project and/or multi-year planning processes with partners, CBM Initiatives/technical teams, ensuring the quality and sustainability of results in line with CBM and donor requirements.
- Facilitate input from technical experts into project development and implementation.
Programme / Project Implementation
- In collaboration with the relevant CBM stakeholders, assist CBM partners in the writing of the new Inclusive Eye Health project multi-year plans including the budget/cost plan.
- Develop scheduled communication (verbal and written) with partners regarding the status of
- implementation of project activities and act accordingly to help and facilitate the resolution of all problems as they may occur. All communications that are important should be documented in writing for reference.
- Ensure the Inclusive Eye Health programmes are linked to Community Based Inclusive Development programmes and partners are oriented on the linkages.
- Ensure that the partner project staff are properly oriented or trained for clear and comprehensive understanding of the Inclusive Eye Health initiative
- Provide the partner with comprehensive understanding of CBM reporting systems for both Inclusive Eye Health programme and finance. Emphasis should be given to quality and accountability.
- Conduct partner assessments and evaluations using an agreed CBM standard tools in order to identify capacity and gaps and ensure findings and recommendations are implemented and monitored.
- Organize and implement trainings to strengthen the capacity of partners to meet CBM expectations.
- Provide constructive and quality feedback to partners if and when necessary.
- Conduct monitoring visits, analyse results with relevant stakeholders and ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Ensure partners transfer of funds are made on timely manner
- Jointly with partners, develop and monitor the implementation of exit strategies for projects/programmes.
- Selection of the new project location, prepare Terms of Reference, plan and organise for further scoping, in collaboration with the Programme Manager and the Country Director to confirm the new area’s needs and potentials for development.
- Meet with potential partners for partner assessment, selection and mutual agreement, leading to the preparation and signing of Memorundam of Understanding with the partner(s) after the project multi-year plan is approved.
- Plan and conduct a multi-stakeholder planning workshop that includes participation of organizations of persons with disabilities for finalising the project logical framework and related aspects required for the development of a project multi-year plan.
- Pro-actively communicate with the partner to ensure that all preparatory steps for starting new projects have been done ahead of the start date of the project implementation. These should include but not limited to the partners’ recruitment of qualified staff, development of clear job descriptions for them and development of monitoring system.
- Ensure that processes and procedures organisationally and at individual project staff level, meet the project requirements for proper Inlcusive Eye Health quality management and implementation of activities/interventions of the projects.
- Ensure high quality of project and programme plans with effective delivery and fulfillment of objectives and utilization of budgets.
- Ensure that principles and practice of disability inclusive development are woven through the design and implementation of the projects.
- Ensure that partners are developing and submitting quality reports on time.
- Ensure that partners submits the Cataract Surgical Outcome Monitoring reports on time.
Communication and Resource Mobilization
- Work with partners to gather and share quality and timely project information and content to support CBM’s internal and external communication to demonstrate impact in their donor communication.
Advocacy, technical advice, and representation
- Manage engagement with national alliances, partners, and in particular Organizations of People with Disabilities to define and support national advocacy priorities.
- Coordinate efforts to strengthen and support Organization of People with Disabilities and disability movements.
- Coordinate Disability Inclusive Development to Government and other organizations, aligning with the Country Plan.
- Ensure effective vertical integration between community-level project work and national and global advocacy work.
- Develop contacts with as many as possible relevant external parties to develop network and alliances.
- Assist partners to plan and organise seminars exposing projects’ successes and positive results that are supported by evidence, inviting relevant district, provincial and national levels government offices and other players.
- Conduct scheduled evaluations and share results accordingly for advocacy purposes.
- Carry out role-specific responsibility to safeguard children and adults at risk (as guided by CBM’s respective policies) in Programmes and enforce this with any colleagues and partners.
- English (professional proficiency)
- Local Language – Kiswahili (professional proficiency / advantageous)
- Good knowledge and experience of using MS Office (particularly advanced Excel skills)
- Database management
- Project planning and review tools
- Knowledge in MS Navision and MS Sharepoint solutions an advantage
- Organisational competencies
- Professional Knowledge
- Fostering Teamwork
- Attention to details
- Customer / Service Orientation
- Results and Quality Oriented
- Accountability and Flexibility
- Position Competencies
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Personal Credibility
- Proactivity and timely response
- Quality and Quantity of Work
- Proactivity and ability to work under pressure
- Timely submission of reports
- Quality reports submission
- Effectively planned and implemented partner visits
- Effectiveness in identifying and promptly managing critical (programme) issues.
- Timely responses
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience:
- Relevant University degree in Social Sciences, Project Management, Business Administration, Health Management or related field.
- Professional experience of 5 years in an international NGO with a track record in successfully managing disability inclusive development and/or humanitarian Programmes in collaboration with national partners and international donors.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of Inclusive Eye Health (IEH) Projects, linking the Inclusive Eye Health to inclusive education, livelihood and rehabilitation projects.
- Experience in managing institutionally funded projects, including consortium led projects.
- Experience in evaluation and strengthening of quality and effectiveness systems
- Proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring and evaluation, with a sound understanding of budgeting and Programme finance management.
- Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships particularly with national / local governments.
- Experience in working with various Government/bi-lateral/major institutional donors.
- Proven good organizational and coordination skills as well as a high level of autonomy and flexibility.
- Perform duties under minimum supervision
- Ability to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal backgrounds.
- Experience of working with persons with disabilities or promoting disability rights a distinct advantage.
How to apply
- Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references, and salary expectations to [email protected]
- Application deadline: 16th December 2021 at 11:59 pm
- The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
- CBM encourages Tanzanian nationals, including persons with disabilities who meet the qualifications, to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at http://www.cbm.org**
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.