How do job seekers use social media?
project manager at bbc media action tanzania, project manager at bbc media action pdf, project manager at bbc media action salary, project manager at bbc media action jobs, project manager at bbc media action, project manager salary, project manager job
Job title: Project manager, A National Conversation
Reports to: Senior project manager & editorial lead
Duration: 12 months (with possible extension)
Special requirements: The right to live and work in Tanzania. Fluent in English and Swahili with ability to write reports in both languages.
BBC Media Action:
BBC Media Action is the BBC’s international development organisation, and we believe in the power of media and communication for good. We work in more than 20 countries around the world, supporting the independent media essential to democracy and development. Last year, our projects and programmes reach 130 million people facing poverty, inequality and insecurity with information they can trust, helping to improve health, bridge divides, challenge prejudice, and save and change lives. We follow the editorial standards and values of the BBC, but we rely on funding from donors and partners to carry out our work.
The project manager will be responsible for managing and delivering all aspects of the project ‘A National Conversation’, which will focus on a range of issues including good governance, climate change and gender equality. Building off previous phases of A National Conversation, the project manager will be expected to deliver high quality project results, in particular ensuring the project has the maximum possible impact on partners and audiences.
Working closely with BBC Media Action’s production, research and learning and training teams, the project manager will play a key role in designing and implementing this new phase of the project. This will include planning, managing, and delivering project outcomes through media outputs and media-sector capacity building, with a continuous focus on learning, monitoring and improving how we support governance in Tanzania.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To deliver the project on time, to budget and to the highest standards of quality, effectiveness, impact and relevance, meeting objectives clearly defined in the project proposal
- To take responsibility for the co-ordination, planning, budgeting, reporting and general management of all aspects of the project. This includes working with BBC Media Action staff in Tanzania and London to define and develop programme direction, strategies and activities
- Work closely with production, research, and training teams to ensure that project objectives are being met
- Maintaining external relationships with project partners, donors, and other stakeholders, representing the project to the highest professional standards
- Ensure all project activities are fully compliant with donor regulations and BBC Media Action policies and editorial guidelines
- Support the project and production teams to understand issues related to the project’s thematic areas, and the role of media and communication
- Work closely with the research team to ensure activities (including formative research, monitoring and evaluation of outputs and baselines and end line quantitative data) are in line with project objectives
- May include line management of a project officer
- Prepare donor and internal reports on project progress and impact and lesson learning data
- Commission, write and manage the production of multimedia content on project progress, lessons learned and impact
- Understand and comply with BBC Media Action’s Safeguarding Policy and the staff Code of Conduct
- Participate in relevant mandatory training on safeguarding and respect at work
- Report any safeguarding concerns immediately, either to the Country Director, or using the Whistleblowing Policy.
Required skills and knowledge:
- At least three years’ experience in international development, with proven professional experience or educational background in governance or other relevant area
- Experience directly managing all elements of the project budget cycle – design, budget development and management, work planning and schedule building, implementation of activities, monitoring progress against objectives, reviewing and reporting
- Proven experience directly managing budgets of at least $100,000 per year
- Experience of working on Irish Aid-funded projects would be an advantage
- Ability to make sound judgments on editorially sensitive programme issues
- Experience in line management of staff
- Strong commitment to, and understanding of, development issues in Tanzania
- Experience working with, or understanding of, child protection regulations desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven track record in forming effective relationships with a range of partners and stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills, including experience writing project briefs, reports, terms of reference and other project documents
- Fluency in English and Swahili and ability to write reports in both languages.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested qualified candidates should submit their CV with cover letter (in English, PDF or Microsoft Word format) which outlines their experience and suitability for the role by email to: [email protected] – please include the title of the position applied for in the subject line and send by 5pm 2 January 2022.
Only applicants with separate cover letter will be considered. Please do not send certificates or other attachments. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The role may involve working with groups of vulnerable children and adults. For the successful candidate, mandatory training will be provided on BBC Media Action’s safeguarding policy and staff code of conduct. A police background check may form part of the recruitment process. BBC Media Action operates a zero-tolerance policy concerning all forms of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people.
BBC Media Action has zero tolerance for fraud and exploitation. If you have any concerns, please share with us through [email protected]